👨‍👩‍👧‍👦chaper 4: family issues👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Still dicarius pov:

The tour inside the house had finally ended when we got to the hallway where I saw Katie's dad before leaning against the wall and was now sitting down in the kitchen table. she gestured me towards a tan colored room.
"You'll be sleeping in my room." She said looking down at me with a warm smile. We both jolted when a knock came from the home door as she took me inside her room panicking.
'im guessing that's her brother and sister by the door.' I thought to myself.

She gently placed me on top of a drawer and whispered. "Don't make any noise, ok?"
"Caw." I replied not even knowing what the hell I just said. She smiled softly as she slowly closed the door. Leaving me in the room alone.

I looked around the room. To my left was a dark purpled bed with a white mattress, pillows and blankets. across the room in front was a window with a desk and a lamp on top.
While looking around the room I spotted some books placed neatly on a hanging bookshelf against the wall to my right near the door.
The titles said something like, "1,000 birds around the the world," "how to take care of your own pet bird," "where do birds mostly live," and "the encyclopedia about birds."

'Huh, guess she likes reading about birds.' I thought to myself with a smile.

'she doesn't seem bad after all.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few minutes had passed, night came around as the girl named Katie came back holding 2 bowls in her hand. The first bowl had seeds and fruits while the second bowl was full of water. She placed the bowls beside me and left closing the door behind her again.

I didn't know if it was a good idea to turn into my humanoid form so I decided to stay in my useless crow form, for now. I wasn't hungry, but I was thirsty so I took a sip of water and waited for Katie to return.

It felt like hours until the sound of fights got me out of my thoughts as Katie stormed in looking like she was wrestling a bear or something. Her hair was messed up as she looked at me. At first it seemed like she was scared, upset, and angry. Her eyes softened when she looked at me.

"Sorry if I scared you." She told me with a fake laugh afterword. "Kevin drives me nuts." She stumbled holding onto the drawer I was sitting on as she opened the last one and took out what seemed like pajamas and began to head back out.

"Caw?"
'you ok?' I started to ask.

She turned to me and gave me another smile saying "Don't worry Mr. Crow I'm fine."

And left.

I felt like had just been slapped in the face. 'did she know what I just said. Or am I hallucinating?' I started to ask myself, I then shook my head. 'yeah I probably am hallucinating.'

Katie entered the room again and threw herself into the bed. "Family issues." She mumbled while rearranging herself on the bed and faced the wall. "Try to get some sleep Mr. Crow." She told me.

"caw."
'alright' i said trying to see if she knew what I was saying.

She didn't respond.
I guessed that she fell asleep, though I thought about what she mentioned about family issues. My eyelids started to grow heavy as I slowly fell fast asleep.