🚪chapter 14: it's best you should leave🛤️

Dicarius's pov:
I woke up and groaned trying to remember everything that had happened last night.
But my thoughts were interrupted when I realized.....I was outside.

The sound of familiar crying filled my ears as I turned around, looking up to see Katie on her knees looking at me with tears going down her cheeks. She carefully picked me up making sure the bandages on me didn't get loose and hugged me close enough to her soft skin.

"I'm sorry dicarius......" She trailed off. "You're not safe here."

She placed me back on the grass and extended her fingers to slowly push me back. To my surprise she was actually telling me to leave. I gave her a questioned look, making her sigh.

"If I keep you here long enough my brother will end up killing you. It's...... best if .........you-" her voice was cut off as she started to cry. I wobbled up to her in comfort and snuggled close to her with my feathered body. She picked me up and hugged me once again. The tightness around me didn't bother me at all as we stayed that way for about 5 minutes before placing me again on the grass. I looked at katie earning a sad smile as she gestured that I could leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: hello my little lovelies, I'm sorry for taking long. I've been so caught up with other things and getting some awesome ideas from your stories to make knew stories soon. So I hope you enjoyed reading this and I'll see you soon byeee 👋