8.

Goodluck junrosé on finding peace and serenity

10AM. I'm here at the living room all dressed up in black and don't know where to go.

"Oh, let me go back to that music shop." I stood and at the same time Junhoe appeared at the living room.

"Rosé..." he said happily.
"What now?"
"Where are you going?"
"You don't need to know."

He scoffed, "Wanna go to this dog cafe?" he wore his sneakers. "I researched about this last week. Uhm, are you fond of dogs?"

"Dog cafe?" Omg, there's a dog cafe here? Why I didn't know about this? I keep on searching about places to visit. "Is it near?" I asked. "Kinda" he stood and fix his clothes. "So?"

Maybe it's not bad to go with Junhoe right? I can meet new friends there, by friends I mean, "Is it okay for me to come? Will you be with your friends?"

"Friends?" he looked confused. "Aaah, that guy last night? I just met him that night, I didn't even know where is he now. I only got his name, Matthew.

"You're unbelievable." I said and he grinned.

I've got a good feeling that we can be friends but the percentage of annoyance is higher because I can still remember the coffee incident last night.

"Is it okay for us to walk? It's like 5-10 minutes walk from here, will you be okay?"

"Yeah sure, no problem."

We walked silently on the street side walk, every now and then there are cars that passed by and there are a few locals who are also walking with us.

I suddenly heard a sound of waves from afar. "Oh, the beach!" My home before was near the beach as far as I can remember, this is a very familiar sound to me.

"You wanna stop by at the shore?" he asked. "Maybe next time?" I looked at him and he nodded. "You're only on a vacation, right?" I asked.

"Yes, why you ask?"
"You're kinda familiar with this place?"
"I've been here a few times." he replied. "Every year there are changes but the beach will always be the same for me, even if there are lots of hotel surrounding it.

"Do you like the beach?"
"I like but I don't like water, I think I have water phobia." he snorted. "But I like the sunset there."

"I see."

"How about you? Are you on vacation too?" "Yes. I used to live here though but I transferred to metro when I was 8. So, I really don't remember much. All I can tell is that, my home was near the beach, the sound of the waves here are very familiar to me."

He just looked at me.

"For most of the people, the the sound of the waves maybe the same but for me they're all different and they all have something to say with your feelings."

He suddenly stopped and I did too. "I like that." he said and scoffed.

"You like what?"

"Your description of the waves." he grinned. "It's like the wind for me. Maybe, for them it's all the same but they're different, I can always tell when they touches my face."

I smiled, we kinda have something in common.

"Are you still a student?"
"Yes. You?"
"Yep and this is my much awaited vacation. Last semester stressed me out so much, my brain's about to explode."

I laughed. "I can feel you. I just want to have peace in all aspects but I guess I'll never have one." I teased and looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"You think you're the only one?" he teased back and we both smiled at each other.

"We're here!" he said excitingly. "Let's go!" He looked at me and I smile while nodding.