{ chapter seven

I hurried down the stairs with one foot in front of the other. I smoothed my hands over the purple dress that Lydia hand picked for me as I bounded towards the doorway. I swung open the door with a smile as Lydia, Allison and another, friendly looking girl stood on the doorstep. Lydia grinned that perfect smile of hers, "Oh Amelia! It looks so beautiful!"

I chuckled, "Well, you certainly have an eye for fashion Lydia."

Allison pushed over and she introduced me to the other girl, "Amelia, this is Kira. Kira, this is Amelia."

"Hi there, I've heard so much about you through Scott and Stiles," she said enthusiastically, taking my hand in hers. Her face fell slightly. "Oh, but they were all good things. Nothing bad, I can assure you."

I chuckled, "Nice to meet you, Kira."

Allison clasped her hands, glancing at all of us, "Now, shall we get going?"

Stiles finally caught up with me and reached the front of the house, "Amelia, you almost forgot your phone and your purse," he said, pushing them into my hand. He arched an eyebrow, "Now, call me if you have any worries."

"Unlikely, Stiles. She has us three wonderful girls to keep her company, so you won't be called to help bottle feed the poor girl," Lydia joked, tossing her hair over her shoulder as she gripped his shoulder, "Sit down, watch a movie, relax. We'll return her in one piece."

"I certainly hope so. Have a good night," he called, throwing his hand up for a goodbye wave. I stepped out into the cold Friday night air and the door closed behind me as we rushed to the car. I leapt into the backseat with Kira, and Lydia took the wheel. We were driving right from the get-go.

"So, who's party is this?" Allison asked, looking over to Lydia.

"A friend of mine. Well, not really a friend of mine... but I've spoken to him once or twice," Lydia replied, shrugging slightly, "You know Jarred? He's a senior."

Kira nodded, "Isn't he the ones who supposedly hosts those parties underneath the bridge and beside the lake?"

Lydia shook her fist, "Ah, you've figured me out!"

"That's where we're heading?" Allison exclaimed with delight.

Lydia didn't deny, "That's where we're heading."

Kira and Allison reacted with glee and excitement. I watched as they spoke about Jarred and his friends, and how they were 'the best looking seniors to date'. Kira had always heard about the parties, but she never had been to one. Apparently they were quite popular with Beacon Hills teenagers, and you were only invited if you had some sort of connection with one of the hosts. Obviously that connection was Lydia. She knew everything about everyone.

It wasn't long until we had reached where we were supposed to go. Kira wasn't wrong, since we parked near a bridge that led out to the thick forested boarders. I hopped out of the car and shivered as the wind blew against me. I tugged my overcoat from the seat and shut the door, slipping into the jacket as I waited for the others. Lydia led the way, walking towards the bridge and then turning downhill. It wasn't fairly steep- but you had to be careful where you stepped. One false move and you would be rolling down the hill and into the icy water. I gripped onto Kira and we laughed as we headed down slowly, reaching the banks. The music, the kind you could dance to and the one you could speak with other people without having to scream, echoed from underneath the bridge. All that was visible was a large flame, a bonfire, and many people chatting around it closer towards the bricks. Further down, near the water, people danced and swayed their bodies, becoming enveloped in the music and the atmosphere.

"This looks... Great," I complimented, since nothing could come to mind. I had never seen anything like it.

"I have been waiting for this for so long, how come its only until now that I manage to have some connection with these boys," Lydia almost moped, before flicking her hair behind her shoulders, "Are you girls ready?"