Epilogue/Introduction

And so, I have been graced with school holidays, which means it's time for me to start writing and posting another story! This will probably be another short story (I don't wanna try and write a full-length story yet, and honestly the ideas I have in my head aren't really complete yet anyway), so hopefully you guys enjoy it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mining life isn't for everyone. You to wake up at the crack of dawn and descend hundreds of meters down a dusty mineshaft, pounding for hours at solid rock until your hands bleed and your pick breaks. Presuming you do find something of value in the dusty walls of the shaft, you're forced to hand it over to your superiors and hope that what you found will win you a small raise to your measly weekly wage.

This is the best case scenario. Every year hundreds of thousands of miners delve down into the rock in the hopes of gaining that little bit more money, and every year thousands of those miners die, either getting crushed in a cave-in or blown apart in an explosion.

None of those people ever thought that they would be so unlucky. They wore their helmets, followed the directions of the superiors and worked sensibly, waiting for the moment when they could put down their tools, pack away their helmets and go home to their loved ones. None of them ever dreamed that they wouldn't return one day.

Including me.

This is my story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? What's his story?^_^

Love and chocolate sprinkles!

~midgeandangie~