ℕ𝕪𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕚𝕒𝕔

nyc·to·pho·bi·a
/ˌniktəˈfōbēə/
noun
     extreme or irrational fear of the night or of      
     darkness

Quirk: Darkness
The user can create darkness that can obscure an opponent's vision.

I always had a weird obsession with fire.
My whole life had been a big blur of darkness and shadows. I never really had a light to lead my way.
I was scared of the dark.
But fire did not scare me...

~
Find my hand in the darkness
and if we cannot find the light,
we will always make our own.

                                 -Tyler Knott Gregson
~

Then I saw him...
He was cold, but he attracted me.
I remember the first day I saw him.
I had just made friends with Midoriya and he wanted me to meet his other friends.
I sat at the table with him, next to him, so close to him.
He didn't say a word to me, just gave small glances.

The second time I bumped into him was the sports festival.
He was quite quiet, especially for someone who was winning his matches. Usually they would be loud and happy, not him.
I tried to make small talk, but I quest he didn't like that. He just walked away without saying a word.

The third time was when I was leaving school.
I saw him standing outside the school. His face looking defeated and depressed.
I wanted to know what was wrong.
I walked up to him slowly and steadily. I was shy and him not being quite the talker meant it would be hard to start up a conversation.

"T-t...*inhale* *exhale*..Todoroki..?"
He slowly turned his head to me confused.
"Yes (L/N)?"
I swallowed hard from being nervous.
"Are you o-okay? You s..s..seem..sad?"

He forced a smile, "Just some family issues, normal family problems."
I looked down and twiddled my thumbs, "I know what's really going on..."
The first thing that set me off was his "smile," I haven't known Todoroki long but I know he doesn't smile often. I've also seen first hand how he interacts with his father.

Just so much hate...

"I know you..d-don't know me well, b-but if you need someone t-to talk to..I'm always here..."
I pulled my phone out,
"I can give you m-my number..for if you n-need someone to vent to..."

He seemed confused at first, then pulled out his phone.
We exchanged numbers, then he had to go. I was giddy mostly because I talked to him. But also because I was happy he could come to me for help.

And so from then on, that's how I started my relationship with Todoroki Shoto.

His..therapist...

We got closer the more we talked and we shared some personal stuff with each other.
He shared his broken childhood and how he couldn't look his father in the eyes. Also why he wouldn't use his fire.
I shared that I was afraid of the dark because of my quirk...and also because of my mother...

One day we were training and he pulled me to the side. He told me he wanted me to come with him to visit his mother at the hospital.
I thought it was a kind gesture, I just thought of it as he wanted to bring a friend with him.

After school, when we were leaving to the hospital, he explained why he wanted me to come.
He wanted to show his mother who had been helping him cope with his problems.
I blushed thinking that I was that important to him.
Even though I knew he only thought of me as a friend.

—————————————

While we were there, his mother talked to me a lot about how her son would always talk about me.
She also said he also smiled when I was the topic.
The whole time we were talking, he just stared at his feet.

When we were leaving the hospital, Todoroki was really quiet. More than usual...

While we were walking, I realized it was quite dark outside. I felt fine, knowing I was with Todoroki.
But then I looked down an alley, and thought of any serial killers i couldn't see because it was dark. Any dead bodies that could be in that alley.

And I got scared...

I clung to Todoroki's arm, shaking.
Todoroki already knew I was afraid of the dark, so he tried to help. He started off by telling me it's all in my head. But I didn't work.

He tried to think of another way, but then it hit him. He held his left hand out and tiny flames started to form in the palm of his hand.
I stared at it, entranced by it.
It made feel better, safer, and happier.

Todoroki could see that my spirits lifted and then smiled.
This time it was genuine.
He smiled and calmly said, "I'm always here if you need me."

My fear subdued and I felt safe again with him.
His fire made light that could allow me to see that there was nothing bad.
Before I even knew it, we had reached my house.
He walked me to the door and waited for me to unlock it, then made sure I had went inside before he left, waving me goodbye.

I smiled at him, feeling my heart pound out of my chest.

I love Todoroki Shoto.

A/N
——————————

I wanted to make a story about the reader being a pyromaniac, but then I thought of this concept went I saw a poem on Instagram.

Also, made u should make a part two to this?
Idk