Chapter 2: when can i see you again

"I got lucky." 

"You... did?" Jennie responds to the statement, puzzled.

"Yeah," Lisa says, gesturing outside with a jut of her chin.

"Oh, right." Jennie realises she was referring to the rain pouring outside. Before the pair had a chance to get out of the car, there had been a sudden onslaught of rain, hard and relentless. 

"Yeah," Jennie breaks the sudden silence. "I mean... You could still be walking right now."

She turns her head to the side and looks at Lisa. 

The girl is watching the rain turn to a light drizzle through the window. Her face brightens and she turns to look at the brunette. 

"It's not raining as hard now. Should we make a run for it?" she asks, beaming at Jennie.

The brunette nods, although she doesn't want to. Right now though, she thinks she could agree to anything this girl asks her. 

Still though... her jacket would be ruined. 

Lisa must have a talent for reading minds, because she pulls her own jacket out of her bag. Without a word, she hops out of the car right out into the rain and rushes to Jennie's side, opening the door for her.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asks, alarmed. 

"Come on, before it starts pouring again."

"Lisa—"

The blonde unceremoniously pulls Jennie out of the car and throws the jacket over her head, wrapping it around her shoulders. 

Next thing Jennie knows, they were running and giggling like little kids, huddling under the roof of Lisa's front porch as the blonde unlocks the door. 

"Shoes off."

Lisa turns on a light as they come in, and Jennie complies without thinking, kicking her shoes off and leaving them neatly by the doorway. 

Lisa takes her damp jacket and gestures to Jennie's. 

The brunette shrugs off her leather jacket and hands it over. She watches Lisa hang it neatly on a coatrack. 

"Are you slowly undressing me or what?" she teases.

"Maybe," the blonde fires back. They share a short laugh, but out of the corner of her eye, Jennie sees Lisa's lingering smile.

She follows the taller girl down the hall to the living room.

"Make yourself at home," Lisa says. 

"Thanks."

Jennie takes the room in. It has a monochromatic black and white color scheme, with classic furniture pieces and a TV mounted on a wall. If she had to pick a one-word description, it would be 'sophisticated.' 

She notices a letterman jacket draped on the arm of the leather couch. She makes her way over and sits down comfortably.

Lisa picks up the jacket and sighs, excusing herself. She disappears somewhere; to get rid of the jackets, Jennie assumes.

"Sorry about the mess," her voice carries over to the living room. 

"It's okay." Jennie says, smiling inwardly. The room was perfectly tidy; except for the jacket. 

Lisa emerges from a hall with a towel and offers it to her.

"You live with someone?" Jennie asks, taking the fluffy towel despite not being wet. She's the one who could use it, she thinks, gazing at the water staining the girl's clothes and the droplets still on her shoulders.