Entering a New World

Looking at the clock intensely, counting down the seconds until school is finally over. I look around the class room for the last time until I leave school.

Finally the bell rings, everyone leaps off their chairs screaming and shouting. I smile, as  I get out of my chair, sling my back pack over my shoulder and walk out of the classroom. "Bye Mrs Robertson" I say smiling,
"no worries honey!" She says smiling back.

I feel the cool breeze blowing against my strawberry blonde hair as I step of of the building. I still can't believe it! I've finally finished school. "Bye May!" I scream while I embrace her in a big hug, she has been my best friend basically since I came into this school and I love her so much. "I'll miss you so much, we might bump into each other one day!" She says hopefully with tears in her eyes.

You see, I'm finally in grade 12, I'm leaving basically everything, I'm going to audition for the world's famous dance tour, Ballerina Dasante.  It's been my only dream since I was a child when I saw the prima ballerina, Antoinette Beaulieu on stage doing a beautiful  leap, that's when I really fell in love with ballet and dance.

As I step into my mom's car, I wave back at her. "Make sure to call me!" May says as my mom starts driving. "Love you!!" I say one last time until all I see is a tiny dot of color.

As I looked outside the window, I know I'm ready for a new beginning, I'm ready to do whatever I can to get that spot in Ballerina Dasante. What do you expect...
the world is my oyster.