Memories and Minnesota

I walked into Rocque Records and sighed. It felt good to be home, but I couldn’t get Minnesota out of my head. More importantly I couldn’t get him, his voice, or that song he sang out of my head. I walked into the recording booth as memories of the trip flooded through my brain

                                                         *Flash back*

        This is unbelievable boring! No one in Minnesota can sing. I stifled a yawn and started to close my eyes when I heard uncle Gustavo yell “Next!”  I was about to close my eyes again when he walked in. Uncle Gus mumbled something about him not being hideous and he defiantly wasn’t. He had brown silky hair, beautiful hazel eyes, a dazzling white smile, and could see his muscle rippling through his black vest and white T-shirt. I found myself sitting up a little more in my seat as he made his way to mic. I really hoped he could sing! I watched him as he took a breath and started singing a beautiful ballad. His voice was beautiful and I actually found myself getting lost in it. He was doing great, but one look at my uncle’s creepy glare, and he tensed up. Other than that he was perfect. He had the look and the voice. I was so lost in thought that I nearly jumped out my skin when my uncle started yelling and saying this guy had no talent! I was about open my mouth in protest, when another guy, another cute one I might add, came running down from the back of the auditorium. He was a little shorter than the one the stage. He had blonde hair and bushy eyebrows. I watched in amazement as he jumped on the table telling my uncle was wrong and started mockingly, yet perfectly singing “Girl to my Heart” a hit my uncle had in the 90’s.

        I was trying so hard not to bust out laughing as the scene unfolded. Kelly, my best friend and Uncle Gus’ assistant, gave me a look and called for security. As the security pulled tall, blond, and eyebrows off the table, two more guys came running down and if I’m not mistaken one was wearing a helmet. I looked back at the hazel-eyed hottie on stage. He was watching, whom I assumed were his friends, in shock. We lock eyes for a minute; he shrugged, and joined his friends in the fight. I felt myself blush maybe the decision to come Minnesota with Uncle Gus wasn’t such a bad one

                                                        *End of flash back*

     I blushed again as I remembered the way he looked at me. Thank god I was the only one at the studio right now. I picked up the head set as walked into the sound booth. I was supposed to be working on the new song for my new album, but as I was starting to sing, I started singing the song he sang. It had been in my head since Minnesota. I got lost in my thoughts as sang and closed my eyes.

                           People say I’m the life of the party cause I tell a joke or two

     I opened my eyes to see four familiar faces watching me through the glass of the sound booth. They were cuter than I remembered, especially him. I smiled at them, time to be bold and properly introduce myself.

            “Hi.” I squeaked out. I mentally smacked myself, so much for bold. I’m the pop star, but suddenly I felt like the star struck fan. I realized I didn’t even know their names. Tall, blonde, and eyebrows stepped forward and extended his hand to me.

      “Hi I’m Kendall and this,” he gestured with his other hand, “is Logan, Carlos, and James. You’re Meredith Rocque right?” I nodded and tried not to chuckle when his friends gave him a ‘how’d you know that look’ Kendall shrugged as I shook his hand.

      “My little sister is a huge fan.” He stated simply as I shook hands with the others. When I shook James’ hand I felt something go straight though me and I could tell by the look on his face he had felt something too.