Chapter One

"Put your hand up" She hissed "Just do it"

I hesitantly raised my hand in the middle of the deathly silent crowd.

"Oh my God, Really?" She rolled her eyes "You left it too long and now you look stupid"

"Yes, Lana?" Mr. Fleming said

The whole room turned, eyes burning holes in my chest, staring me up and down judging every part of me, every uneven hair, every freckle out of place.

"Have you brushed your hair this morning? Can't tell!" She mocked "Go on Lana, don't waste his time. It's not like you could stuff up any more than you already have"

The walls started spinning and the roof started twirling.

"Lana do you have an answer to the question?"

"Uh, um er..." I stuttered trying to focus on the board

"Stuttering again? Really?" She mocked "how pathetic"

"Lana, the question is on the board; when did Jesus die and when did he rise again?"

I stared blankly at him trying to stop the room from swaying like a boat.

"Well?" He said "Its religion class, not sit there and not say anything class. So having said that, if you don't have an answer we can move on"

"Well, I guess I thought that Jesus died on Good Friday and rose on the Sunday" I muttered

"Oh, guess whos a nerd!" She sneered "Look out everyone it's the weird catholic kid!"

"What did you just say?" Mr. Fleming asked sounding a little annoyed. "I can barely hear you"

"Nothing, I forgot" I mumbled

The class giggled, whispering gossip too and fro.

The walls stretched back and looked as though they were never ending, I felt my breakfast creep up.

"Feeling sick nerd?" She spat in my face

I was already embarrassed enough, I didn't need to ask to leave the room. I could barely see straight. My eyes fluttered and the butterflies in my stomach were fighting to get out, they pushed and shoved until finally, I couldn't keep it in.

I stood up and shoved my chair to the side, it screeched on the hard wooden floors. Everyone cringed at the sound and turned to face me; a ghost white figure toppling from desk to desk.

My knees wobbled and my hips swayed, I galloped out the door leaving behind a trail of giggles and downright confusion.

"Good job stupid" She mocked "You can't possibly go back in to get your things now, you should have just grabbed them when you left!"

"Go away from me" I shrieked "You are not helping at all so just go!"

"How pathetic, how sad, how downright stupid!" she cackled.

"I said go away"

"Free country isn't it?"

"Ok fine, just shut up ok?"

I trod through the school playground feeling dreary as ever.

I sat on one of the old wooden benches, the splinters poked into my skin. I planted my face in my hands and sighed.

"You've felt worse pain before, have you not?" She said

I just rolled my eyes, I didn't want to deal with her taunts and remarks.