Background and Ending

Background:

The mysterious girl, Marisa, was Ellie's sister. They lived in the house that Ben lives in now with his parents. They used to play outside and loved nature. When they found the field one night, they were fascinated by it and the beautiful oak tree that stood all alone. Marisa wanted to climb it, and Ellie agreed. Marisa, excited, ran ahead. But as she got forty yards away from it, she suddenly fell to the ground. She wasn't moving. Ellie, terrified of what happened, ran back home to her parents without approaching her sister.

Her parents were worried, so they ran out to find her but Marisa's body was gone. Ellie was terrified, and stayed near the edge of the field as her parents searched. When they hit that forty yards mark, they too, dropped to the ground.

Now Ellie was all alone, she ran back to her house and called the police. She was now an orphan and sent to an orphanage where she met Rhyan. As they grew up they fell in love and when Ellie turned eighteen she inherited the house and she and Rhyan moved in together, having Ben six years later.

•••

Ending:

Ellie had never told her husband of her sisters existence or what happened, and she never planned to. Even now. But she needed to see for herself if it was true. If he came to the same fate as the rest of her family. She got Rhyan and together they set off for the field, reaching it at a run only ten minutes later. Ellie stopped Rhyan just short of the forty yard mark and looked towards the tree. It looked exactly as it did when she was a kid. But something was different. The obsession she used to feel when she was a kid, the want to come back, was gone, replaced now by an eerie foreboding.

Then out of the shadows came a figure. As it drew closer she recognized the sixteen year old boy as her son, Ben. Rhyan saw him too, and with a shout, he stepped over the forty yard mark. Ellie, unable to warn him in time attempted to grab him. And together, they fell.

Just like that, the Floreanxe family was wiped out..

•••

Okay! So that was MY ending. Whether or not you want it to end like that is up to you! Hope you liked it!