The storm goes on

It was supposed to be a nice and beautiful night. The weather forecast said nothing about rain, nonetheless a thunderstorm. The sky was covered with dark cumulonimbus clouds and it made Kazuichi uneasy. The heavy rain, the sudden sparks of light, and the booming of thunder.

Truth be told, Kazuichi was scared of a bunch of things. His fragile mind was broken often, tears being frequent rolling down his cheeks. It was nothing new, really. Gundham knew it too, so most of the time there was nothing for him to worry about as he knew the commotion would end soon. But that didn't seem to be the case now.

Kazuichi was sharing a bed with Gundham in the ultimate breeder's dorm, arms lazily wrapped around one another. It was always nice to be this close with his boyfriend, as it always made him feel safe from all of his worries. They were both peacefully asleep, but the harsh rain had brought the shorter boy to wake up.

He knew what was going to happen. The rain seemed too heavy and aggressive for it to just be a small shower and nothing else. His suspicions were confirmed as the room he was in illuminated with a bright light. Oh no. Nonono. Why did it have to storm?

The thunder wouldn't stop. The rain would keep pounding against the ceiling, as if it somehow formed a hand and was banging onto Hope's Peak. Tears were falling from his eyes, soaking into Gundham's shirt. He would have to apologize later. His body was slightly shaking as he sobbed as quiet as he could, careful to not wake up his boyfriend. It would be awful is the other woke up with worry for something so stupid.

It's so pathetic to be afraid of storms. What a wimp, Kazuichi thought.

After a seemingly loud sound of thunder, Kazuichi let out a small shreik. He quickly covered his mouth, hoping it didn't wake up his beloved. It was wishful thinking, as he could already feel the other shifting awake.

Opening his eyes, Gundham looked down at his paramour. He seemed to be distraught, but more than normal. The shaking, the whimpering, the wetness he could feel on his shirt. He wondered what had happened to make his partner feel so scared, but then he was shocked as a bright light filled his vision for a split second. After that, he realized that there was something really loud banging on the ceiling. Thunder sounded and it make Kazuichi whimper. Ah, so that's why his loved one was upset.

A low, calming voice startled Kazuichi from his thoughts.

"Do not fret, my prince of darkness. My hellish beasts and I will not let the gods of thunder harm you, as they stand no chance against the overlord of ice!"

This statement had brought a small smile to the pink haired male, finding his boyfriend's weird language to be cool and unique, just like always.

Feeling the other's body relax under his hold made Gundham feel a bit better, but the smaller male reverted back to how he previously was due to another booming noise. He brought Kazuichi closer, rubbing comforting circles into his back to help calm him down.

"There there, my dear paramour. I have been told that this curse will end soon and that the late sky of bright stars will soon return." Gundham spoke quietly, but made sure his voice was still audible.

Just as if Gundham was actually being spoken to by some god in the sky, the thunder started to become more faint and the rain was gently tapping onto the building. Kazuichi couldn't believe it, but questions will be asked later when things have settled.

"G-Gundham.. thank you for that. Thank you for comforting me." He sighed in relief as the storm seemed to have finally ended.

At this, Gundham laughed as if he was satisfied with himself. It was dorky, but adorable at the same time.

"There is no need for you to thank me, my prince. As I will do anything to make you feel the joy you deserve."

At this, Kazuichi blushed and buried his head to where Gundham couldn't see his face, so he just nuzzled his face into the other's chest. How was he lucky enough to be dating Gundham? Kazuichi wondered what the answer was. Either way, he was proud to call the other his.

"Hey Gundham?" Souda asked, a yawn coming right after.

"What is it, my dark consort?" Gundham replied.

"I love you so fucking much, I hope you know that." The pink haired male mumbled before he fell asleep, already snoring.

"...I love you too, Kazuichi."

••

Thank you for reading!! I hope that this isn't as short as I think it is. Anyways, if gundham seems a little ooc then I apologize, I have never written a story with gundham before so,,

I really enjoyed writing this, so I really hope you enjoyed reading this too. Constructive criticism is allowed, but please be nice! 😩

-Em