8. Syntax Error

[So, things get pretty weird. You’re in for a roller coaster, folks. Vote&Comment]

                               Chapter Eighty Eight Minus Eighty

                                         “Syntax Error”

Smalle

The lights to the porch turned on and I had to hide my eyes under the intense glow of the light.

The door opened and I pushed passed Rory, hands extended out in front of me, as if I was supposed to catch something from falling.

I spun around and stood there, mouth still agape and still feeling like an army of butterflies were currently doing cheering routines at the pit of my stomach.

Rory closed his door and rubbed his eyes. His hair was spiked up, possibly from his pillow and he was naked, besides wearing blue and white striped boxers. I just noticed how hairy his legs were.

“You want to stop looking me over and explain to me your text message with just exclamation marks and why you are currently at my door at 2 in the morning, Jer?” he asked, sounding like a frog had rented his throat out.

Duuude,” was all I could say. “Dude. Dude. Like dude. This is…dude.

Rory nodded. “Okay,” he said, nodding just slightly. “Now, let’s try this again. And maybe in English.”

How can I say this gently?

“Price isn't in love with you.”

I held a hand out to him, just in case he was about to fall to his feet and cry. I even brought soft tissues for him if he did. Hell, I even wrote a pep talk speech that involved other gay fish in the sea. But I didn’t get it. He just stared at me and blinked, looking more surprised than hurt.

“Why aren’t you feeling eternal misery and despair? Or crumbling? Or jumping through your front window is complete and total misery or whatever?”

“Because we just started dating,” he said. His voice was back to his normal monotonous pitch. “I’m not in love with him either. I’m in really deep…like.”

“Well, sit your ass down homie, because he’s been playing you this entire fucking time.”

Rory blinked. His eyes narrowed. His skin looked even more pale at night. Strange. “What are you talking about?”

I held out my hands, and walked up to rest it on his shoulder. “Do you have any predispositions for heart attacks, because you won’t believe what I’m about to tell you.”

He swatted my hand off of him and folded them across his shiny chest. “Jeremy, just spit it out.”

“I…overheard a conversation between Price and my Dad."

"And?"

"And dude, Price hasn’t been in love with you. He never was. He’s just been covering up the fact, that and get this, he’s been having an affair with...... my Dad.

I stepped back, hand on my chest. I fanned myself. “I need juice. Orange. I need some vitamins. This is too much for my heart.” I fell backwards on the love seat that Rory’s parents had near the bookshelf and exhaled.