9. 1+1=6

[It’s getting awkward ya’ll! Vote&Comment!]

                                          Chapter 2x7+10-(3x5)

                                                “1+1=6”

Bigg

Here’s the thing about Tina.

She is not one of those ditsy, blonde, evil, conniving, whores you read about in those books. She’s not some busty chick with short miniskirts that is the most popular girl in school because of the way she flips her hair. Tina Reigns is by far one of the smartest people in this school.

Is she nice? No. Does that even matter? Not at all. She’s so good at being manipulatively charming and her insults are so covert, that it takes you a while to catch them. That is, unless she's respects your mental capacity and doesn't quite try to hide them.

I have made it a point to never be around when Tina is. Not just because I’ve heard horrific tales of Mario when he’s around her (he goes all heart eyes), but mainly for that reason.

But today, I didn’t have a choice. I had to be around her to scope her out. Getting a reading on her mathematical make-up and predict what she was doing.

I was sitting on the bleachers. It was 4:15, exactly and the rush that the end of the school day brought  had evaporated.

The boys (including Joy) were in the pool for swimming practice and Tina was sitting next to me, albeit at a distance. She said something about germs (which was probably an indirect insult) and folded her legs.

She had started on some American History homework when she started speaking to me.

“I find Abraham Lincoln to be our greatest president,” she said, looking me directly in the eye, subsequently piecing my soul and consequently almost making me shit my pants. “He was so noble…so brave.

I nodded. Her eyes were really brown. A deep brown that should look ordinary, but on her, they glow. They also matched her chocolate hair that slept on her shoulders.

“I’m sorry,” she chuckled. “I know you’re more of a science guy.”

“Math, to be more specific,” I corrected, trying my hand at being indirectly sassy.

“Oh, The Prince of The Sciences,” she noted. “It’s no physics, but…eh… it’s still good.” She smiled and it almost looked genuine. “A bit too easy for me, though.”

“How so?” I asked, turning to face her, trying to look unmoved. But when you insult Math or say it’s second to…physics (a subject that's very existence depends on mathematical operations and is thus, inferior) you are looking to sign a declaration of war.

“I mean…it’s all just standard stuff. Everything stays the same all the time. There’s no room to redefine things like English, or no new room to find new things like Astrology. It’s all set in stone. Boring. Plain.

Really? Can she list Pi’s figures up to the 1000th number? I can. Can she solve six simultaneous equations in fewer than 7 minutes? I can. Can she even remember three of the circle theorems? I highly doubt that.