Day One

Archmage Khadgar had heard the stories. He had heard the stories every man and woman would tell. They all told stories of a ghost. A ghost that lures people into her trap. A ghost that breaks hearts when she gets the chance. Khadgar had heard all of them. There is only one he can remember every word of.

'There is ghost roaming the lands of The Broken Isles. How do I know this? I know because I've seen her. I've talked to her. I can't quite remember her name, but her voice and face are something I'll never forget. This ghost is quite beautiful and very nice. She normally roams the shore. The very first day I spoke to her, I took a quiet approach. She didn't seem to mind how quiet I was, but as the days passed, I was a bit more confident when speaking to her. After the second day of speaking to her, I started to develop feelings for her. On the seventh day of speaking to her, I told her how I felt. She only laughed and waved. As I opened my mouth to speak again, she vanished into thin air. I felt so heartbroken that she would leave me like that. From this day, I call her The Girl That Was Never There.'

The story Khadgar remembered was sad, but not quite scary. He decided he would go to the Broken Shore because the story spoke of it. As he took a portal down to the the shore, he walked along the shore, hoping to find the ghost the story spoke of. He didn't know what the ghost looked like, so he had trouble finding her. After a few minutes, he found a girl that had short, bright purple hair and blue skin. 'So it's an night elf.' Khadgar said. As Khadgar got closer, the girl noticed him. "Sir, do you need help?" The girl asked. "No. I was just walking around." Khadgar replied, amazed by her beauty. "I'm Alza. Nice to meet you." The girl introduced herself, smiling. "I'm Khadgar. Nice to meet you, too." Khadgar smiled. Alza was wearing a white choker with a ruby on the front, paired with a beautiful black dress with a red rose attached to it. "Isn't the ocean absolutely beautiful? I usually walk around here." Alza asked. "Yes. The ocean is pretty." Khadgar replied. "I will always walk these shores. One day, it'll be gone. As long as it is here, I will keep the promise that I made to the ocean." Alza said. "What promise?" Khadgar asked. "I promised the ocean I would watch it for as long as it lives." Alza said, looking down at the slightly moving water. "The ocean will be here for a long time, though. You won't live that long." Khadgar said. "Exactly. I want to be here for as long as the ocean and I live." Alza said. "Archmage! We require your aid!" Illidan Stormrage yelled. "I have to go, Alza. See you tomorrow." Khadgar said. "Goodbye." Alza said. Khadgar ran away, and Alza continued to walk the shore.