Prologue

It was that new kid. He just came to our school this year. He's just in time for sixth grade, the gradual increase in drama leading to seventh grade and up, possibly the worst years of your life.

I wonder what he looks like, is he cute, or is he-

Something interrupted my train of thought as a boy I never saw before sat down next to me. He leaned his face into mine. Something tells me he's the new kid.

"Hi." he said

"Hello," I replied, trying not to blush. "You're new, right? I haven't seen you before."

He nodded and we both smiled, he seemed nice so far.

I took a good look at him. I already felt like this was someone I was going to look at often.

He had dirty blonde hair that was gelled and combed over to the other side of his head. He was caucasian, he had baby pink cheeks and delicate, rosy lips. He had a mole on his left temple, in front of his ears which were as long as from the corner of his semi-straight, average looking eyebrows to the corners of his mouth. He was about five feet tall. I kept my eyes on his. They were so beautiful. His pupils were mere specks of black surrounded by hazel green supernovas of color rimmed with navy blue. Yellow gold flecks were scattered like stars inside of his irises. A gap in his top front teeth made him look so adorable when he smiled.

Love is like a drug, you come back for more, and often... you can't get it. Not to mention it burns. But today, or this school year, however long it takes, I think I will get it. Eventually.