You Have To Believe That They We're Wrong

WARNING: there's some cussing and angst stuff here and if you're sensitive to those stuff then you might want to exit out of here before you take a step further into this :0

Ike was outside gazing up at the dark starry sky filled with foggy clouds and bright stars. He was pondering on his life as a leader of a mercenary group by himself until someone came out and joined him. He noticed that Soren was walking towards him and said

"Oh hey Soren, are you not going to sleep?"

Soren replied "No Ike, I came out here to get some fresh air and you happened to be outside"

"Alright I see, well you're more than welcome to stay out here for as long as you want"

"It is my pleasure, thank you"

"You don't need to be so formal with me Soren, it's me Ike!"

"Well I mean this is just how I talk so..."

"No it's fine but don't worry too much okay?"

"Anyways, Ike I wanted to talk to you about some stuff"

"What's up?"

"I- ummm"

Soren silently thinks to himself in his mind "you've got this, just stay cool and don't lose your shit"

"I never really told anyone this, but I'm actually a branded..."

Ike was shocked at his statement then he said

"A branded? what is that?"

"It's a cross between a beorc and laguz, they say that it's a taboo and yet here I am... we're supposed to be abominations, condemned of hatred and shunned away from all other races..."

"Wait hold up, let me get this straight, you're actually part laguz?!"

"Yeah, and that's not all there is to this, you see this mark that I have on my forehead?"

"What about it?"

"It's to show proof that I'm a branded, I thought it was a birthmark at first and some others thought it was a spirit charmer"

"What's a spirit charmer?"

"You know how magic comes from interaction with spirits? well if you let one in you they can also grant you power with a price, that's why the sage I told you about before was so interested in me, he thought that I would have that power but no I'm just a filthy branded..."

Soren starts to form tears in his eyes and looks away from Ike

"Soren wait!"

"IKE DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT WHO DOESN'T DESERVE ANYTHING GOOD! Don't you understand?! I'm hideous, disgusting, and I don't belong anywhere! I'm nothing to nobody, how can you stand to be around someone like me?!"

"SOREN LISTEN TO ME!!"

Ike grabbed Soren arms and gave him a big bear hug to help him calm down a bit.

"It doesn't matter if you're a branded, it won't change the fact that I have deep feelings for you and I need you, the whole army needs you as well! So stop beating yourself up on these horrible things and please, stay strong for me, for everyone else around us, and most importantly for yourself."

Soren then slowly stopped crying and began to calm down and bring his senses back.

"Ike, I feel the same exact way, I don't want to lose you, I'm so afraid that you would leave me and that I wouldn't have anyone else left on my side... so please, stay with me for as long as you can..."

"I'm right here with you and I'll stay with you soren, always have, and always will be, now do you realize how strong you are? you've made it this far in your life and yet you're still breathing, you can talk, you can read, you can do magic for crying out loud! so don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do anything because I believe that you can do anything if you try and I myself believe in you as well."

"Thank you for everything Ike, no one in my life has not ever given me this much love and I never knew how this felt and to have experience this with you... I couldn't have asked for anything else more than this."

Soren then began to feel a little sleepy and fell asleep right in Ike's arms. Ike took him back into the tent and placed him gently on the cot next to him and then he layed down onto the other cot that was next to soren and slowly drifted away into a deep sleep...

A/N: Hi! Thank you for reading this! I'm sorry if I made any grammatical mistakes here, it's been a while since I've written fanfiction and it's currently past 12am for me while writing this so yeah,, I hope you enjoyed this and I'll try to write more of these if you guys want me too! Have a good day/night or whatever time it is for you my lovely readers! :)