Chapter Six

The mansion was bathed in darkness when Arnav Singh Raizada entered supporting his Laptop Bag on his left shoulder and his blazer hanging from his right arm, He looked at the time.

1:30 AM

Damn Raizada.” He mumbled, “Di is going to kill me!!

He walked towards the kitchen, The lights were switched on. Arnav frowned, “Is Di waiting for me to come back?

As soon as Arnav entered the kitchen he was surprised to see Khushi sitting on the Dining Table looking at the watch in her hand.

What's taking him so long?” She mused to herself “I'm not even sure he has eaten or not.

Arnav couldn't believe his eyes, Khushi was waiting for him.

Khushi?” Arnav looked unsure, as he called out for her in a soft voice.

Khushi looked up at him, A full-fledged smile bloomed on her lips. “Arnav-ji!

Why are you awake?” Arnav asked “I would've been fine.

It's terrible having to eat alone, I thought I would give you company.” Khushi said “I-I didn't think you might not like it.

Arnav smiled, “I don't mind you waiting for me, but it's really late.

It's alright.” Khushi shrugged “I was not sleepy.

Sure.”  

Settle down, I'll heat the food up for you.” Khushi said softly, gesturing him to sit.

For the next few minutes, there was a comfortable silence in the kitchen. Khushi was heating up the food for Arnav while the man himself was looking at her with a soft smile on his face.

Choti?Arnav looked up from his book to find his doll looking at him with a wide-smile on her face.

Annav!!She jumped on the bed and sat next to Arnav.

What are you doing here? It's late night and you have school tomorrow.Arnav said surprised.

I was here to meet you!!”  She poutedYou don't want me to come to your house?

Arnav sighed,Who said that?

She pointed at Arnav poking his chest. Arnav chuckled.

Of course I want you to come to my house doll. It's your house too. I was just saying that it's late.Arnav explained himself.

The door was opened by Ratna who was carrying a tray of food.Have your food chotte!!She set the plate.Chutki do you want to have something baby?

No Maa, I don't. I am full.She responded cutely patting her stomach.Annav, Why didn't you have your food till now?

I was busy doll.Arnav told her

You are just irresponsible about your health. You said na that it is late, Why didn't you eat till now?She asked scowling at him.

Who keeps delaying their dinner till so long?” Khushi asked as she served him dinner.

I was busy.” Arnav whispered.