o n e

Kaycee's P.O.V

I smiled as I sat down crosslegged, watching in amazement as other dancers do the routine. Woah, they were so good. My smile fell as I realized I can never be a good dancer. I'm nothing compared to them. I sighed, I wish I could be better, just like them.

A tap on my shoulder caught my attention. As I look towards my right, I see Bailey looking concerned.

"Everything okay there?" I nodded, giving her a small smile while facing the dancers again. I saw from the corner of my eyes that Bailey was still staring. She didn't believe me and I understand why. Everytime she asks me if I'm okay, I just reply with a nod. She's my best friend so she knows when I'm lying.

Even though it hurts me to lie to her, I can't seem to share my thoughts with her. I know she's my best friend but I don't think she'll understand. And telling her I feel worhtless and useless? I can't do that. She already has her own problems, I don't want to burden her.

The class finished and everyone started leaving the class, including Bailey. As I was standing up, Matt called out my name. He said he wanted to talk to me in private.

I know what he wanted to talk about. When I was dancing the routine, I missed a lot of steps and made many mistakes. I was really frustrated, he probably saw that.

Why, you ask? Well, long story short; there has been a lot going on at home that's been bothering me.

I gulped as I pulled my sleeves lower, till they touch my palm. The memories came flooding back. All the beatings, name callings.

I felt weak. So weak and useless. I wiped my now-teary eyes and started walking towards Matt's direction.

As I was walking, I saw a boy looking straight at me. I remembered him from class, we even did a duet a couple of times. His name was Sean, If I remember correctly.

My heart dropped as his eyes went from my eyes to my sleeves. I hope he didn't see any of my sleeve-pull thing. Unconsciously, I pulled my sleeves lower, fearing he would see something. After realizing what a stupid move that was and cursing myself in my head a couple of times, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

It's okay, he probably didn't notice it.

I opened my eyes with that 2% of hope, just to see Sean looking from me to my sleeves, over and over again.

Shit, what are you doing Kaycee? Way to be unnoticeable.

I pried my eyes off him as Matt spoke, "Hey Sean, could you please pack up and leave? I need to talk to Kaycee in private"

Sean nodded and started packing up. He started walking towards my way. He stopped walking once he was standing beside me, he glanced at me with worried and concerning eyes. I instantly looked away.

He knows. He definitely knows and I'm going to die.

I heard him sigh and walk away. As I took a deep breath for the second time, I walked up to Matt.

Before I could say anything, Matt spoke up.

"You're making a lot of mistakes and even missing many moves, something that never happens. Where is your concentration at Kaycee?"

I stuttered as I replied, "I'm s-sorry Matt. Today has just been a long day. It w-won't happen again."

I stared at my feet, tears brimming my eyes.

I knew I was a disappointment, a complete worthless idiot.

He gave me a small smile, hand now on my shoulder in a soothing way
"It's okay, just try to concentrate tomorrow"  I smiled at him and walked out of the studio.

As I waited for my mom to pick me up, I closed my eyes, hands covering my face. Suddenly, Sean's concerning face came before my sight.

His eyes, there was something special about them. They show so much raw emotions, even while his face is blank.

As I tried figuring out Sean, I heard a car honk and opened my eyes to see my dad, instead of my mom, in the car.

My eyes widened.
Dad? What was he doing here??

I gulped as I walked towards the car, my dad already glaring at me.

Oh god, this is going to be a long day.
————————

Hey guys! I hope you like this till now. I know Kaycee's dad is a sweetheart, but this story is PURE FICTION so let my mind go wild. Tell me what you think about the first part. Don't forget to vote!! Bye, love u guys xx