7 | The Project

I sat outside on the steps of the school waiting for (y/n) and her friends to walk out to meet me. It had been at least an hour since school had ended and I still hadn't seen her walk out. I decided to just get up and leave since she obviously wasn't coming when I heard footsteps growing closer behind me. I turned around to see (y/n) walking out of the school with all her books for the project in her hand, she must have been in the library. I smiled at her and she smiled back, her tight curls bouncing as she walked closer.

"I'm sorry I made you wait for so long, I need to get some books for the project and for-" she stopped thinking for the words to say.

I raised an eyebrow stepping closer to her "for what?"

She looked down "it's nothin', don't worry about it, Parker." She winked as she walked down the steps.

I sat there just looking at her, confused.

"Are ya comin' of what?" She said with a huge grin on her face.

I shook my head and ran down the steps.

"I'm coming." I said with a forced smiled

Was this about Eric?

She got into her car and I did the same.

"Hold the books while I drive." She said as she put the books in my lap. I told her where my house was and when we got there she grabbed the books and we both got out of the car.

"Wow what a cute little place ya got here!" She smiled as I unlocked the door.

"Thank you." I said as I opened the door and let her in. She nodded her head in thanks and walked inside. She looked around the room which was a living room, dinning room and a kitchen combined into one quaint room and a bedroom in another. She looked in the living room and slammed the heavy books on the coffee table.

"Okey Dokey, lets get started!" She said as she sat on the couch.

I stood by the door wondering if I should go over to the couch or not.

She laughed "how are we going to do a project together if ya aren't even sittin' next to me." She patted the seat next to her and smiled. I walked over to her and sat down.

"So where are your folks?" She asked looking around the apartment.

"Oh I live alone." I said hesitantly

Her eyes went wide "but- you're-really!?"

I jumped up "if it's a problem we can go to the diner and-"

She waved her hands "No, no! It's okay, I was just surprised." She changed the subject "this project is gonna be a toughie."

I sat back down "what's it about...I didn't read the paper your dad gave out."

She grabbed her paper and began to read from it "this project will focus on what the future will be like, what will the world be like when you are 50." She looked at me "that would be around 1980 right?"

I tried not to laugh I knew about the 80's especially since my aunt lived in the 80's and so did Mr. Stark.

"Oh this will be a breeze, (y/n)." I said starting to relax on the couch.

She sat back propping her head up with her arm and looked at me "oh you think so?"

"Yeah, I have a great imagination." I leaned in close "so, it will be super colorful, neon everything!"

"Really?" She said leaning in closer to listen to what I had to say.

"Yeah! And the girls hair will be like huge and curly! And they do aerobics...a lot."

"Aerobics?" She asked

"Oh um it's uh my word for working out but like to really fast music."

"Interesting can you show me?" She asked me.

"Oh no no way!" I laughed

"Oh come on please for the project!" She begged as she grabbed onto my arm and pouted.

"Okay okay!!" I laughed and she squealed with joy and sat straight forward on the couch as I got up.

"Okay ready."

She nodded her head trying to surprise her smile. "Yes yes I'm ready."

"It's a little something like this." I started to dance and make a beat with my mouth. "And like this." I started to jog in place and kept making the beat. After that she started to burst into laughter.

"Okay okay," she waved trying to find air to breathe because she was laughing so hard "stop, stop my side hurts!!"

I sat back down and she looked at me wiping away a tear.

"That was the cutest thing I had seen all day!" She laughed

I was laughing until I heard what she said. She thinks I'm cute?

She clears her throat realizing what she had said.

"Let's get back to the project." I nodded and she grabbed one of the books on the table.

She forced a smile and nodded.

"Okay..."