Chapter 1

The sun shone brightly as it's golden rays filtered through the leaves of the gigantic trees, the atmosphere was serene and peaceful with the occasional chirping of the lively birds or the fluttering of their wings as they soar to the blue sky eying the endless horizon.

The quiet forest was disturbed by a piercing scream, followed by a loud roar that shook the surroundings.

Wang lei was napping under the shade of trees to catch up on some much needed sleep since he was on night watch duty yesterday, guarding his fellow junior disciples against mystical beasts and loose cultivators that could attack them to steal their goods. As he was dreaming of his charming shifu (master), the shriek of one of his junior disciples woke him up. Groggily he looked around in confusion to find his second shidi (junior disciple) lazily leaning against the trunk of a nearby tree, meticulously cleaning his sword with a cotton cloth, completely undisturbed by the commotion.

"Zhang Wei? what happened?"

Zhang Wei shrugged, not even bothering to lift his head to look at his shi xiong (senior disciple).

Just as Wang Lei was about to chastise Zhang Wei for his indifference, a plumb young man came tottering like a headless chicken. Huffing and puffing, the youth tried to explain the situation to his elder brothers but the gasps and pants rendered his speech completely incomprehensible.

"speak slowly what happened?"

"*pant* we were picking herbs on the outer perimeter of the middle section, but sister Yu Yan ventured too deeply, we tried to dissuade her lest she met with a stronger mystical beast but she insisted on looking for the red phoenix herb. Some went with her but soon stumbled upon the white winged tiger! I was the closest so I ran to fetch you right away" explained the youth with a fear stricken face.

"w-white winged tiger? What's a divine beast doing in here?" Wang Lei's face became solemn.

"Zhang Wei we should..." he turned to urge his younger brother to go deal with the troublesome situation but found that he disappeared.

He sighed and soon followed. Wang lei was quite worried, his master asked him to bring a group of junior disciples from the sect to the hidden Medieval dimension that opens every ten thousand years to treasure hunt. The dimension entry Is restricted to cultivators of the sage realm and weaker. That is to say any cultivator above the sage realm is unable to get through the entrance array. Although the dimension holds incredible treasures, it is in fact very dangerous. Which is why he insisted that his junior disciples remain vigilant and not venture deep into the forest to ensure their safety.

The hidden medieval dimension has a circular disposition, the outer ring has very little treasures and low level mystical beasts that are considerably weak but is still the perfect place for his junior disciples to train and gain combat experience.

The middle ring is a lot more dangerous, not only are its mystical beasts stronger but they're also smarter. Dealing with them is quite a pain, so usually it's a collaborate effort between him and his second junior brother. They take such risks because of the higher value of its treasures and spiritual herbs.

As for the inner section, their master forbade them from stepping a foot in there as it's the territory of few powerful high rank mystical beasts and going in there is simply a death wish. Unexpectedly though, a divine rank mystical beast ventured out of its territory and reached the outer perimeter of the middle ring!

It should be said that no one knew of the existing mystical beasts within the inner circle, because not many dare to go there and the ones who do never come out, so it was assumed that central area hosts few high rank beasts with a rumored heavenly rank one: the demonic blood ape. Of course no one confirmed that rumor but it still instilled fear into the young cultivators who didn't surpass the sage realm. Now though, it turned out that there's a divine rank mystical beast and their group was the one that stumbled upon it!