I'm scared

Elena's POV

Me and Damon have been together for a few years now, after I got out of my coma. Now that we're both human, nothing has changed. I still love him and he still loves me.

A few days Later...

I look down at the small pregnancy test in my hand. Again, another negative test. I call damon into the room, with a sad expression on my face. He looks at the test with sadness in his eyes, then up at me. He comes over to me and hugs me tightly. " Damon." He shushes me and says. " I know baby" eventually I fall asleep in his loving arms.

After I wake up, it is around 5 P.M. I call Caroline.

Caroline: hey
Me: hey car
Caroline: what's up
Me: another negative test.
Caroline: oh I'm so sorry elena I hope you have better luck next time. I have a feeling you will. Just my natural aunt instincts.
Me: thanks car I just wanted to tell you I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing now.
Caroline: okay I love you Elena
Me: love you Car

I look up to see Damon in front of me. I completely lose it, sobbing uncontrollably into his chest. He rubs and kisses my head hugging me back tightly. He says to me "it's okay Lena, we'll have a baby one day. We just have to keep trying baby." I flash a faint smile and then hug him again.

" You hungry baby?" Damon asks."Not really you can eat without me I think I'm gonna go to bed." He nods and leaves me standing in the middle of the room.

I wake up with damon sleeping soundly. I'm half on top of him with my hand resting on his chest. I kiss his soft lips sadly. He wakes up and rubs my hair. I look at him, "Damon what if we never have a baby? I'm scared" He looks at me understandingly, and then says simply "we will, I know it"

A few months later...

I wake up, feeling just like every other day, " this is the day" I tell myself. I get out of bed and take yet another pregnancy test, which is something I do weekly now. Except I have a feeling that this time will be different.

I take the test, and then wait two minutes for the results to come through. I look down seeing two blue lines. The biggest smile gets plastered to my face as I run downstairs. "Damon!" I yell. He comes out of the kitchen smiling. " I haven't seen you smile in a long time, this must be good". I hold out my hand with the test in it. His face lights up like a kid in a candy store. He hugs me so tightly and says " I love you Elena Gilbert. Oh and I told you so".

He places his hand on my stomach and kisses it lightly. He's going to be a good dad. I call Caroline and tell her to come over as soon as she can.

A few minutes later...

I hear Caroline pull up in the driveway. I run to get the door, slipping a little bit on the hard wood floor on my way. As I open the door Caroline says breathlessly " Elena what's so urgent?" I smile and show her the pregnancy test. She covers her mouth in surprise, and then slowly hugs me. We're both crying at this point. She says " im going to be an aunt!" I smile." Auntie Car" she beams. "Awe may I?" As she motions towards my stomach I nod. She puts her hand on my stomach and puts her head closer, listening to the baby's heartbeat. She smiles "it sounds pretty healthy. I hope it's a girl.""Me too"

Damon's POV

After Caroline leaves, I take Elena's petite hand in both of mine, and get down on one knee. I pull out a small black box. " I haven't prepared a huge poetic speech for this, because we both know that's not me, but Elena Gilbert I love you, and this baby is the best thing that ever happened to us. So would you do me the honor of being my wife?" She covers her mouth and nods, crying she yells "yes Damon of course I will marry you!" And she brings me into kiss me, and then hug me.