4

James POV

I walked down the street. it's fluffy texture reminding me of a blanket of snow. Ever since Adam and Rebbeca disappeared I felt shadowed from everyone. I couldn't talk about his condition to anyone. something was preventing me from saying anything. I was mute most of the time, only talking to Jaiden. 

I was going over to the U.S. building to see Jaiden. She says I need to go to her if I've ever needed help, And I need help now. 

Today was the meeting and she was all excited about it. I need to get those things off my mind right now. I knocked at her door to hear scrambling and the door opening to show a slightly taller woman, who was Jaiden. Her wings behind her back and her eyes had a slightly tired look to them.

"Oh, hi James. Come in." she gestured for me to walk in, which I did. 

"I was just wondering about my wing situation," I said lightly, jumping onto one of her seats.

Jaiden's apartment was large. With a living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and of course a bathroom. It had a welcoming feeling that felt slightly retro. The apartment had shades of green and blue splashed around, with marble countertops in her kitchen. 

"James, I think some of us get our wings at the meetings. I got mine a day after I arrived here." She started making coffee in her Kuereg. We sat in silence until she handed me a cup of coffee and asked if I needed any sweetener. I declined, my body needs to wake up. 

"Dude, it's ok if gone. They always come back." She sounded optimistic and patted my back to the point that I almost believed her.

She sits on the couch and starts to watch TV. While she was scrolling through the channels I went to leave her apartment. She said goodbye and went to the cupboard to get me a cookie. She knew this was one of the only ways to cheer me up. Even now, I've only known her for about two days.

"Don't forget to return my cup!" She said as I left the door, coffee still in hand. I needed to stretch my legs anyway.  

I wanted to walk to the other side of town, where most of the hybrids lived, it felt comforting in a weird way. The walk wasn't that far and as I entered the premises the air became dusty and light quickly disappears into darkness. The smell of smoke was unbearable, but I was somehow used to it.

I walked on the charcoal black sidewalk to one of the restaurants here. I went here often and enjoyed the food. It was Asian fusion and I  would wolf that food down in a second.

The restaurant had an orange glow and its structure was reminiscent of Fusuma, Japnese buildings. I entered and the person at the desk yelled "annyeonghaseyo!" I swear they say a different language every time I come here.

I went to a table since it was almost deserted and ordered a Korean dish called Galbi. It tasted really good as always until a ring went from the front of the building. I looked in that direction and saw a hybrid with his hood on and his hands in his pocket.  He took off his hood to reveal that it was Adam.

I looked at him until he noticed me and came over to the table. He was silent and his hands remained in his pockets. My mouth opened, but nothing came out. 

I wanted to talk to him and he looked like he wanted to talk to me. It was a silent conversation until he sat up and walked to the cashier, acting like he never saw me. I felt disappointed, but I didn't know why. I eyed him again. seeing him order something from the menu, hands still in pockets, that was bothering me as well. Lifes weird, not like I have one.

He walked back over and sat at our table his voice surprising me, "I didn't know you came to this part of town." before I responded his deep voice came again, "I just think it's weird that this heaven has all these towns and restaurants. It's weird, I didn't expect heaven to be like Earth." he sighed, putting his chin on the table and wrapping his arms around one another.

Then I saw it, blood. It was still on his hands from yesterday. Or what I assumed was yesterday.

"You coming to the meeting?" I asked, trying to switch the subject. 

"I have to if I don't I'll be sinned again." I didn't want to ask what he meant by sinned, but I felt like I got the picture. we sat there some more, me eating my Galbi and Adam went to get his order, which was some sushi. 

We sat in silence once again until I finished and said goodbye to him and saying that I'll see him at the meeting, Which excited me. Why was I so excited about that meeting anyway? I'll probably never know.

I continued out of the area and went toward the U.S. building my eyes squinting due to the light. I went to the elevator, sighing slowly. I went to my room, which was number 544376, Which was one of the lowest numbers. I jumped on my bed and passed out, wondering how Adam disappeared and came back so suddenly. what's wrong with me?

Sorry if I didn't update sooner.

I feel like my writing getting worse

Stupid depression...