Chapter 15: Parasomnia

++++++

Scott pushed through the doors and went into the hall where he found his classmates in high spirits. Scott smiled at his classmates and it grew even wider when Luna came over to him.

"First day of Senior Year," she said before Scott moved to hook his arm around her.

"Last first day ever," he happily grunted out.

They then moved to head off to their first class of the year together.

++++++

In AP biology, Scott moved to sit next to Luna who smiled at him for a moment before her face fell. She then looked over at Lydia and Kira who were sitting together. The two were looking back with a similar bewildered look. 

What was Scott doing in AP biology?

Luna silently ask for Kira to ask him the question the three wanted to ask but she shook her head. Scott was her friend but was Luna's boyfriend.

"Scott," she coughed out lightly. "Are you in the right class?" "AP Biology?" he asked a little dimly. "Uh, do you know what AP stands for?" Lydia then asked him. "Advanced placement," he excitedly smiled at her.

He then opened his book to reveal there were colored tabs, filled with sticky notes and fully highlighted sections decorating his whole textbook.

"Welcome to AP Biology," their teacher said to all of them. "Let's see who's awake? Can someone tell me what plasmids are?" "Circular self-replicating DNA molecules often used in cloning proteins," answered Lydia.

Their teacher nodded at her. "Nicely stated Lydia. Now, can you tell me what vitamin is absorbed in the stomach via parietal cell production of a glycoprotein?"

"Uh?" Lydia was drawing a blank.

"B-12," their teacher told her. "Mr. McCall," she called to him, making him look up from his textbook. "Did you know the answer?"

"Um, no," he said shaking his head. "It's a common test question. What's your number one college pick?" "Um-" he started but she cut him off. "Stop saying um." He quickly apologized. "Sorry. UC Davis," he said more confidently.

"Good choice. It's the best school on the West Coast for biological and physical sciences. You're in the right class if that's what you're hoping for. Who else thinks they're in the right class?" she called out to everyone else.

Scott looked back and saw that Theo was behind him and was the first one to have his hand raised. Then he, along with everyone else rose their hands.

"Good, then you should all be prepared for the test tomorrow." That made hands drop with shocked looks on most of their faces. "Don't be so disappointed. This test is specifically to help you determine whether you should actually be in AP biology. You have two weeks to drop. Tomorrow's test will just weed out the ones who shouldn't be here. And that could be any of you."

The teacher then moved to let her gaze drop down on Scott.

++++++

Scott and Luna were studying in the library when they were soon joined by Malia and Kira. The four were now studying. 

In the midst of it, Stiles walked into the library and headed right for them. He slammed two forms right in front of them.

"So you found something?" Scott said, half interested. "Another signature," he told them. "This is Theo's dad signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago. And this is his dad's signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School from just a few days ago," he explained as he pointed the marks out on each form.