Devastating News

Alicia

I was walking up to Keonas house and I saw Malachi's truck parked right in front. If I knew he was coming over here I would have hopped in his car instead of paying for a uber. Walking up the pathway I noticed someone under Ms. Kathy's truck.

"Hello, " I said walking up to the person. Next thing I knew Ty came up from under the truck.

"Oh hey Alicia," he said.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Oh I dropped my phone and I don't even know how it rolled under there."

"Yeah that's weird, phones don't roll," I said giggling a little.

"Yea but I got it."

"You here for keona?" I asked him.

"Yea I wanted to take her out. She seemed down lately and I wanted to try and cheer her up."

"Oh that's sweet"

"Yea did you guys have plans or something?" he asked.

"Yea we were about to go to the mall."

"Oh, then I don't want to ruin you guys girl fun."

"You not ruining it. I mean we do need a ride to the mall" I laughed.

"Yea sure" he chuckled and told me to get keona and meet him at the car. Ty still drove his mother's car because he didn't have his license yet. He could drive, I just don't know why he's procrastinating. I walked up to the door and rang the bell. The door was open but the net door was locked. I saw Ms. Kathy coming to open the door.

"Hey Alicia, you came just in time to help me load up the car."

"Really I would love to help. Where are you going today?" I said walking into the kitchen.

"To my mother's house in Queens. All of her church friends are over there and they ordered food. So I told her I would bring it over there."

"Oh that's sweet," I said picking up two pans and heading to her Range in the driveway. Keona came prancing down the stairs before I got to the door.

"Hey boo, why didn't you tell me you were here?"

"Your mom needed help loading up the car. Ty and I are taking you to the mall right" I said with a smile.

"Really!" she said all excited. "Shopping with my two favorite people sounds great."

"I bet it does," I said sarcastically. " come on and help load the car."

We helped load up the car and watched Ms. Kathy drive off on her way to queens. We got into the car with Ty and buckled up.

"Hey, babe" Keona said kissing Ty on the cheek.

"Hey, big head," he said half smiling "question, why your mother driving Malachi's car."

"That's not Mali's truck, he got a newer one," I said pointing at my brothers truck.

"Oh wow that shit sick," he said looking at the truck.

"Well are we going to sit here all day or are we going to the mall." keona said.

Ty laughed and pulled off the curb in the direction of kings plaza. I wrinkled my brow at the fact that Ty thought ms. kathy car was Mali's, but I just brushed it off and enjoyed the ride.

"I'm glad we're going to the mall I need something to wear for your brother's birthday party," keona said looking back at me.

"Girl I totally forgot, how did that slip my mind?" I questioned myself