CHAPTER V: HIT by a snow flakes

Long time ago when YN was still a child . . .

"Mom! It's the first snow fall of the year! Come, let's go outside!"

Little YN beamed in excitement as she watched the snow flakes slowly falling off the ground. Her mother gave her child a warm smile as she placed the scarf around little YN's neck.

"Hold on sweetheart. You still need to wear your beanie"

Her mother said as she watch little YN, pouting her lips and crossed both of her little arms over her chest.

"But I don't need a beanie mom. Daddy said that I'm a strong girl!"

Little YN protest and pouted her lips even more. Her mother bent down a little to match her child's height.

"Yes you are strong YN-ah but it doesn't mean that you'll be careless"

Her mother said trying to lecture little YN but the child is so persistent and tapped her little foot on the floor. Her mother tried her best not to let out a laugh since her child look so adorable right now.

"Fine. But when I wear my beanie, we'll go out"

Little YN said, staring into her mother's eye hoping for a yes. A simple nod was the only response the child get from her mother. Little YN jumped on her spot happily and ran her way to her mother, giving her a hug. A tight one.

"I love you mom! I'll wake little Chaeyoung up and let her wear her beanie as well so that she can come with us!"

Little YN said in excitement and ran her way to the stairs but even before she step on the first stair, she glance back at her mom and smiled, widely.

"I'll be back mom! I'll just get little Chae and our beanie!"

Little YN informed her mom and headed straight to their second floor where her and her sister shared room is located. Little YN saw her younger sister sleeping soundly and decided not to ruin her cute nap; she carefully grab her beanie and fix little Chae's blanket.

"Sleeptight Chaengie"

Little YN said as she tiptoed on the floor to reached her sisters little hand over her crib and kissed it gently. She wore her beanie and excitedly, ran downstairs.

"Mom? I'm back!"

Little YN informed and searched everywhere in the first floor for her mom. The wind blows inside, perfectly sends shivers down little YN spine. The door was left open and little YN look outside and saw a red snow, she got so excited and ran outside. She stripped on something hard and fell on the ground, face first. She was about to cry but little YN remember what her father said, she is strong.

"M-mom? Are you here?"

Little YN asks and saw a figure lying on the ground, nearby. She ran quickly and saw her it was her mom, eyes closed.

"Eh? Mommy fell asleep?"

Little YN said, innocently. She spotted a nearby eomonie and ran all the way to her house.

"Eomonie! Annyeong. My mother fell asleep on the snow, will you help me carry her back to the house?"

Little YN asked, politely. The old lady smiled at the child and took her by the hand and they went where little YN's mother is. The old lady gasped in shock to see some red liquid frozen on the ground which unnoticeable by the child. The old lady look at the child with pity and smiled at her, weakly.

"Do you know where mommy's phone is?"

The old lady asked little YN and bent down a little. The child nodded in response and looked at her mother, sitting beside her.

"Mommy will be cold if we'll not get her inside eomonie"

Little YN said, worriedly; holding her mother's hand. The old lady came near the child and faced her to her.

"YN is your name right? Get mommy's phone and we'll contact daddy to carry your mom inside. Eomonie is not that strong anymore, YN-ah"

The old lady reasoned out, sadly.

A year later ... After YN's mother's death.

"Chae, wear your beanie before we go out!"

YN remind her younger sister, Park Chaeyoung. As the younger girl followed what her sister said, she received a kiss on her forehead as a reward.

"I hate first snow fall"

Chaeyoung said almost a whisper but loud enough for YN to hear. The older just ruffles her sister's hair and wrapped the scarf around the younger's neck.

"Why you hate the first snow fall?"

YN asked as she held the younger's hand and the two exited their house, heading to pre school.

"I always see you crying every snow fall. I don't want to see you cry"

Chaeyoung said, pouting. YN was so touched by her sister's words and she hugged the younger tight and kissed her on the top of her head, preventing herself from crying.

"I love you eonnie!"

Chaeyoung said, wrapping her little arms around her sister's waist.

🥀🥀
SR_96
Will do my best to make my story BETTER.