❖The Alley❖

On one cold night,

A man walks by an alley and sees a little girl carrying a box as she placed it near a discreet area. He heard a muffled noise as well as a few meows..and it seemed that inside the box are kittens.

He hears the girl crying, "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I had to.. I'll bring your mommy back..", Her sobs riddled with guilt. The man paid no heed and just continued walking.

The next night. The man walks by the alley again and to his curiosity,

He went to look for the kittens. As he peered into the box, there were 5, and seemed to be just a few days old...all peacefully asleep and snuggled up to each other. It seemed like they have been fed and taken care of. He sighed in relief for the cats and left.

Another night had passed, the man came back to the kittens.

He saw that they were sound asleep, but something was wrong. "Where's the other one?.." He asked under his breath. With growing concern, he carried the box and took the kittens home with him.

After a week, the kittens have been healthier and can now see, as he took care of them well. He had wondered if ever the girl might look for them, but he shook his head and headed out to work.

Later that night, he went by the alley and saw the girl looking at the empty spot where she left the kittens, mumbling to herself, "Without them... It won't be enough.." She then noticed the man and gazes at him with a blank expression "Mister.. You smell like my kittens.." The man froze, unsure of how to respond.

"Mister.. Did you take them away from me?.." She then slowly walked towards him. He backs away, without as much as a peep. He doesn't know why but.. he just stunned and frozen in fear...couldn't utter a single sound. "Mister.. I need them... I need them to feed my papa.. If I don't cook them.. he'll eat me instead.. I don't want that.. but.. maybe you can be his meal.."