❖Pocket Mirror❖

Mother used to show me her pocket mirror, telling me how cute I look to make me feel better. I always bring it to me everytime I go to school and secretly look at my reflection, making me feel like I have a friend even if it just me.

One day, mother became very uncomfortable seeing me, I didn't know what happened but she kept her distance from me, I felt so alone. I look at the pocket mirror and see myself again, I smiled but my reflection did not smile back.

I blinked for a moment, thinking I must be hallucinating so I smiled again, and it did. I look pretty and my teeth are white and sparkly, I like how I look but my classmates and teachers does not see it.

I think they're jealous of me, but that wasn't the point. They were terrified of seeing me and I didn't know why so I looked up at my pocket mirror and everything was fine and I smiled. I look pretty

But then when I came home, mother was not there. I look at my pocket mirror to make me feel better but I was horrified at what I saw..

I saw a monster on the other side, skin that was so dry and dark and eyeballs that beg to get out of the socket. I screamed and threw my pocket mirror away. I saw my hands so thin and black.

What happened to me..?

I run my fingers through my beautiful golden locks but It felt strange.. my hair has gone thin.. and my hair fell out..

I couldn't fathom what just happened until Mother came to me and kept sobbing as she whispers

"I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.."

I was so confused I didn't know what she means but before I could hug my mother for comfort, I couldn't feel my body.. My world suddenly twirled and just found myself on the ground my body.. separated from my head.

Mother dropped her ax, and collapsed on the ground, crying for mercy from God. It didn't took long until I remembered everything that happened..

I was already dead but mom didn't let me go.. my classmates were scared of me because I was a walking corpse, and mother smiled and tell me i'm pretty, giving me my pocket mirror..

But when my body started to smell and my flesh started to rot.. mother realized her mistake, keeping me "alive" for so long.

Even when she finally gave up on me..
I still love her..