1.6- I'm supposed to be making progress but i'm not

300 reads,, let's go bby

Btw if it's a '-', Landon's thinking. "-" is talking out loud and italics is Gretel if u didn't get that
『※』

Walking to school wasn't much of a interesting story.

I was kind of glad Gretel already gave me the instructions on how to get to the building when I had that headache earlier. It would've been a hassle otherwise, and I don't want another painful torment, please and thank you.

I turn this corner and go down that road, until I reach the school. It would have only took about 2 to 5 minutes since it was so close to where I lived, but fliss has a sprained ankle and no crutches.

It was painful to walk to school, let me tell you. It was okay to walk on my foot at first; i could do it at home as if it wasn't even hurt. I have no idea how, but I managed.

The more and more I walked on my foot, the more and more it hurt.

So it took about 15 minutes to walk instead of 5.

At least the location was convenient.

But looking at it this way, Fliss' school had a weird arrangement.

Since the school was a boarding school originally, the day students still were required to meet up in their designated boarding house regardless of if they slept there or not. From there they would take a register, go to an assembly and then proceed to lessons.

Free time between lessons and lunch could be spent at the house or in the school corridors(but that was discouraged). Houses all had their separate reputations. Some were socially superior to others, while others... weren't.

Fliss, of course, was in the best (kinda) house, thistle. (You'll see why)

People usually chose their house before they joined the school, so this lead to people choosing based on the name of the actual house. The school would ask for a first and second choice from the future-student, and then try to match it as well as they could, trying to keep a similar number of children in each house.

This, in turn, lead to houses contain people who best suited the names.

'Thistle' was a co-house with both girls and boys, since the name wasn't particularly masculine nor feminine (along with 'Ivy'); ' lavender' was a girls house and 'oakwood' was a boys house. Only thistle was a day house, while the other three were equipped with boarding facilities.

Now why is thistle the 'best' (kinda) house? Because everything about that house is good. The people, their social standing, their sporting abilities, their academics, their likability and their housemaster and matrons who looked after the house were kind. Not to mention, the houses' always held little shop-like-things when school ended on a Friday. Needless to say, thistle, again, had the best one.

With rows upon rows of extravagant pieces of chocolates and fizzy sweets, American candies to your olde English shop goods. Liquorice (ew) and even candy floss. It was all sold.

Oh and some ice cream and pot noodles, along with some stationary too, but no one really bought or cared about those. They were still there though.

Not that that's of much importance but it's nice to go though the memories as I am walking.

I stand in front of her house and look on at it in amazement.

I wrack my brain and come up with a whirl of foggy memories of the house's layout.

I think it had a large, circular main room in the center with six corridors branching out from it. Two lead to boys and girls changing rooms, while two others lead upstairs to study rooms. The two at the (supposed) too and bottom would lead to entrances.

I try to remember the study rooms and what was in them, or what it was like but I just can't remember.

I scowl and pace around outside as the memories so nearly there, but out of reach.

It's such a freaking annoying feeling

"Oi Fliss, don't just stand there. Do the code."

I spin my head around.

There's a really tall, intimidating guy towering over me.

"My Lord, how tall are you?" I blurt without meaning to.

I forgot Fliss was a midget

"What? I don't know, just go inside it's cold for crying out loud."

I also forgot I was supposed to know this person.

"Oopsie, I forgot it." I say, trying to act familiar. I have absolutely no, and I repeat, absolutely no idea how Fliss used to be, so I'm taking this risk really far.

"Are you okay? You're literally the only one in house who knows the code," he says, leaning over me and pushing some buttons on a keypad I only just noticed.

3963

Easy enough.

The door opens automatically and I walk in.

The interior was fairly ordinary. Scratchy, grey carpets; cream walls; similar paint was peeling off the radiators. It smells like disinfectant and cheap air freshener. I walk a bit further and past a toilet. The pungent scent of crappy (I'm really hoping that's not a swear word.

Okay phew.) bleach seeps out under the door, wafting around the place.

It was hardly anything fancy.

"That's disappointing." I say aloud, walking through a small corridor.

"Huh?" I forgot there was a guy here.

'Gretel.' I think.

I don't get a response.

Is she sulking or something?

'Who is this guy?' I think again.

"What did you say?" Wow now this guys getting impatient.

'Hehehehhe.'

Oh okay. Now she decides to show up

'He's the guy your linking.'

I feel like swearing but I know I can't.

So I settle with a:

"Well shoot me in the forehead, why don't you."

He gives me a puzzled look.

———

Me: *is in the mood to write for once*
Me: *writes about 200 words before wanting to watch YouTube instead*
Me: *forces myself to keep writing*
Me: *writes under 1k words of unter sh!te*
Me:
Me:
Me: *shocked pikachu face*

(Oh im over 1k now. It's chill)