1.9- David Mavis

I spent the rest of my night googling information about David.

David was a guy who was given everything he wanted on a silver platter as a child.

His parents loved him as a first born, and his younger brother and sister looked up to him.

Growing up, nothing changed.

At school, he was effortlessly clever (due to numerous tutors) and well liked by students and teachers alike. He graduated and attended university; finally completely free to do as he wanted.

An apartment was prepared for him near Oxford, furbished already to the point that even the freezer was stocked and his clothes were in the wardrobes.

He was still handed everything he could want on a silver platter.

David, unlike his siblings who were kind of ignored, was watched over like a hawk. After all, he was to be the heir to the family's business empire. He had to be a right and proper person. No party going or drug taking for him; oh no.

He felt like he was in a cage.

Yes he took all the lessons assigned to him; yes he did as he was told.

He felt like he was a test subject that was born, no. Made, for one purpose and if he stepped even I little off of his destined path he would be put under house arrest or have his phone confiscated or some other form of punishment.

Not painful punishment. It was fair, it was just that Daivid was spoilt and didn't realise how lucky he actually was. All he saw was his confinement and his only way out: inheriting the business, just like his parents wanted him to.

But he didn't want the family business.

Instead, he gathered money together and open a strip club.

Disguised as a bar, his parents didn't say anything and were rather happy their son was finally showing some interest in business for the first time.

Seeing his parents trusted him and didn't actually look into his business, he opened another one.

Again, his parents didn't seem too interested but gifted him another sports car and an extra £200 on his allowance.

He didn't like the fact that they seemed so pleased and that they didn't look into the business.

It wasn't an illegal thing, but it was a dirty business. He had hoped that his parents would look into it, tell him off or disown him or something. He just wanted to be free of taking over the business empire. With the money he could get form selling his apartment or car or just the money he would make from the strip club, he could easily live a comfortable life however he wanted.

But his parents failed on step one.

He didn't care much for it; he'd just go and use plan B.

Since he was clearly being rewarded for all these business' he was opening, he would just keep opening more until he could use them as an excuse for not taking over the family business. Then he could pass it onto his younger brother or someone else and sit back and spend the rest of his life doing whatever he wantedl.

He could go out and organise parties. He could go out and sleep with whoever he wanted. He could go out and have a relationship with whoever he wanted.

He couldn't wait.

Some time passed, and after opening the eighth branch of his strip club up north, he talked to his parents.

They played exactly into his hands and his name was finally taken off of the business.

He was a bit under 30 at this point.

After a couple unruly years, he settled down with a girl he met at one of his clubs and they had three kids together.

His wife was also an interesting character. She was someone who he had met in one of his clubs. She had come nervously, to try and find a one night stand after losing a bet. He was drawn to her from her looks but after talking to her for a while, he was drawn to her because she was what he wanted.

She had grown up in a very poor background, always wanting but never having. But she was also someone who was free and did what she wanted to do. She talked about all the risky things she had done as a teenager; all the exhilarating sports she had done and all the places she had been with the little money she had scraped together from working since the age of 14. Freedom being something he had always idealised and strived for, he was captivated by this woman and whisked her away.

I don't know if they went and did the deed, but I do know that it became a long lasting relationship.

He then bought a house in America and was living there with his family and two dogs.

He also had houses in Barcelona, England, Australia and Japan. They went to the Japan one the most since it was a big project his wife had asked for as an engagement gift. His parents didn't like his spouse, so they refused to help, but his brother was a soft person so he pitched in with money.

They bought a large piece of land and built a Chinese styled mini-palace. In Japan.

They used it as a hotel with a separate wing left empty in case the family ever wanted to visit.

The man was a way into his 50's by now, but he didn't close his strip clubs that had gained a name for itself. He left the management to others, but he spent his time playing golf or skydiving or bungee jumping. He did use drugs for a bit when he was in his 20's, but it wasn't for long so his body was still really healthy for his age. Hence the excessive sports and physical activity.

His wife lazed around but the two of them were very much in love and would cuddle and be cute from time to time.

This was the man who I was going to scam. And it may sound like even though he was reckless when he was younger and it was just him being rebellious, I didn't care much for it.

I managed to find a ton of rape victims talking about their story online and his 'bars' were often mentioned.

There were multiple sources talking about drug trafficking going on there.

There just wasn't any proof. No concrete evidence.

So I'm going to scam him.

Because I need money, and he was stupid.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I chuck my phone onto my bedside table, turn off my lights and fell asleep.