Chapter 1-College

Bang Bang Bang. I am abruptly woken up by beating on my door. The light burns my tired eyes as a voice rings out. "Tony. we're going to be late if you don't get up." I hear footsteps walk away and I force myself to get up. I look over to the clock. Quarter till seven. Class starts in an hour. I grab my cloths and get into the shower. After that routine I make my way into the kitchen. In there I see a petite dark haired girl. She looks over to me. " Ready for our last first day of college?" She asks excitedly. Yep

We make our way to the campus. While we walk, I notice a few friend groups and couples also making their daily commute. I look over to Ashley. She has been my best friend for years. I think back to when we where kids. I had just moved and was having a hard time adjusting to the new life. My family was poor so most of the kids stayed away from me. One day she came up to me and asked me to be her friend. I later found out that she was also poor because she was born in a family of immigrants. After that, we helped each other through everything. when we graduated, I was valedictorian with her as salutatorian. We both got a full ride to Ivy league schools.

I realize I was spacing out and Ashley was continuing to walk. I hurry to catch up with her. We proceed to the campus and part ways. When I enter the classroom, the teacher shakes my hand. "Good morning Mr Rowe. Your seat is over there." He points to a table on the far end of the room. I take my seat and take out my textbook. While I flipped the pages I see the chair beside me get pulled out. I look over to see a girl. She had long light hair that just about covered her face. "Good morning." I say. She takes a moment to respond. "G-Good m-morning." She says quietly. I was going to continue the conversation but the teacher started the class.

Soon its time for lunch. I meet up with Ashley and we head outside to eat. As we walk I see that girl again. She is sitting at the fountain, reading an older looking book. I continue walking to one of the tables. We talk about out classes and before we know it lunch it over.

I walk back into class and notice that she beat me to the desk. I wonder who she is? I attempt to start up a conversation but the teacher began class. Damn. I sit through class halfway paying attention. I look over to her. I cant see her face that well because of her hair however. She notices my staring at her and immediately stares at the ground. I can see her face turn a pale red.

Class ends and I make my way out to the front gate. Ashley soon catches up and we walk home together. When we get home, Ashley makes a bee line straight to her room. I head to the kitchen to cook our dinner. I decide on burgers and fries since its her favorite. I grab all the ingredients and setting up the stove. Ashley comes out her room, changed, and begins setting the table.

Once dinner was finished, we sat down and began talking. " So tony, whats your plan for after college?" she asks. "Well I'm going to be a doctor." I say matter of factly. "So. Whats your plan? Still wanting to be a teacher?" I ask. She nods and continues eating.

When we finish, we say our good nights and retreat to our rooms. I lay across my bed and focus on my thoughts. What are my plans? I mean I want to become a doctor but where? I don't want to move far way. Soon sleep overtakes me.