Monster?

It was a breezy afternoon day, all the kids were playing outside with they're ball. This was something usual that happened everyday, kids having fun laughing with one another.

Y/N sat on a nearby beach drawing in her sketchbook with crayons right beside. Y/N wasn't really a social child, they just sat and doodled in their little book. Y/N's dad was working on some important paper work so he told them to enjoy herself while he works.
Y/N looked down at the sketchbook and smiled. It was a drawing of a beautiful sunflower she saw not to far from her.

"Looks pretty good" She said to her herself keeping the small smile.
"Haha, pass it here!"

Y/N looked up from the sketchbook and stared at the other children playing, her smiled dropped a little.
'Looks fun..' She thought to herself. When it came to making friends, Y/N had a hard time socializing. She just didn't really fit in. Kids claiming she's just a bookworm, not really wanting to anything physical related. She tried but, it just didn't work out. Y/N sighed sadly and rested her hands on her book. The children's laughter suddenly stopped. Y/N looked towards the area concerned, what happened?

"Aw the ball got stuck!" A boy said a bit sadly. The children all looked up where the ball sat on the roof of the tall brick wall. Y/N frowned, she felt bad about them loosing the ball.

"Now what?" A girl asked with an annoyed look on her face turning towards the rest of the kids. They all shrugged. Suddenly the ball leaped up into the air. All the kids gasp, they're eyes widening staring at the ball. Y/N's eyes widens as well but she looks closely.

Sand, the ball was surrounded by sand. The ball slowly goes down towards a boy, it lands in his hands. The boy had pale skin with red hair and mint green eyes. With the ball now in his hands, he looks towards the group of children. He then muttered softly.

"Um.. here's your ball" He handed it towards them shyly. The children looked at him in fear, all shaking slightly. Y/N observed the moment, 'What's wrong? He's just trying to be polite.." She thought while looked at them all.
"I-It's him.. the monster" A boy said to the group behind him. "Yeah, it's G-Gaara" Another said replying to the boy in fear. The boy you're assuming the name is Gaara then attempted to give the ball back once again.

"Run!" The kids began running away from the red headed boy, yelling in fear. "Run away from the monster! He'll kill us!" Gaara then dropped ball making it bounce on the ground and reached out his right arm.
"W-wait, please don't leave!"
He said with sadness and a
bit of desperation in his voice. But all the kids we're gone in a dash. His legs wobbled then he fell to the ground on his knees, tears started forming his eyes as he grabbed his red locks, his tears started to dropped onto the ground.
"Please.." He hiccuped.

Y/N looked at the boy with concerning eyes. 'Poor guy..' She got up from her seat from the bench and quickly dusted herself. She grabbed her art supplies and tossed them in her little bag she always carried. Y/N then hurried on to the boy. She crouched down to his level and gently tapped him.

"Hey, I saw what happened.. are you okay?" She asked softly
The boy then looked up with those mint green eyes filled with tears. Y/N quickly reached in her little bag and pulled out a couple of tissues, she handed it to him. He gave her a sad yet confusing look, he gently grabbed the tissue and nodded his head.

"T-thank you" He wiped his tears with the tissue and got a good look at you. You sent him a warm smile, his eyes traveled your hair wrapped up in a little bun with a cute blue bow on top. You were wearing a simple white shirt with shorts and some sneakers with your bag around your shoulders.

"I'm Y/N" You said while reaching your hand out for him to help him up from the ground "And you're Gaara?"
The boy looked at you with surprised eyes, 'Is someone really talking to me? Being kind and friendly? Doesn't she think I'm a monster like everyone else? 'He stared at your hand, he hesitated but then finally accepted it.
"Yeah.. my name is Gaara" You pulled him up and smiled and nodded "Nice to meet you" Gaara stared off to side.

"Why are you being so..kind?" He said softly yet demanding. "Aren't I a monster to you?"