↬09

my eyes tremble open, and i find myself in an unfamiliar place. i almost start to panic, and then i remember what happened. jaehyun is gone now, and sunlight streams through a gap in the curtains, creating a bright orange strip on the wall.

i sit up, and rub my eyes gently. a soft tartan blanket falls off me, and i shiver, before picking it up again. it is so warm, and it smells like jaehyun; i find myself wanting to snuggle up in it forever. i see that there is a note on the coffee table, and pick it up to read it. 

-i've gone to work my shift at the cafe

you're free to stay until i come back 

but i understand if you want to leave as well

just make sure you get some sun sometime,

 you don't leave the house enough :(

-jaehyun

i smile over how much he cares. i turn over the post it and it has his number on it. i pocket it, and take the mugs into the kitchen to wash them. as i walk through the messy room, i spot a photo of jaehyun when he was a kid and crouch down to admire it. i notice how jaehyun is right on the left side of the frame, almost as if the photo has been torn apart. he looks cute anyway. his hair was caramel brown, and his smile seemed bigger than his entire face. his chubby hand was gripping tightly onto presumably  his mother, who, just like him, had a kind open face, which made you immediately like her without even knowing her.

the background seemed familiar somehow, but i couldn't quite place it. standing up, i wash and dry the cups, before collecting my bag and leaving, closing the front door slowly. when i get outside, the orange glow from before seeming to make everything sparkle. maybe for the first time, i could appreciate the sun like other people, with the fluffy clouds transformed, and the flaming red bricks, and the windows at the top of houses gleaming as they reflected the beauty of the sun. 

maybe the sun is something which can be loved.

↬368

jeffrey