B E F O R E

Sunset.

The neon light shined brightly above the entrance as I make my way inside the exclusive, invitation only, bar.

I sat on one of the stool at the bar and the bartender immediately stood in front of me.

"What can I get you, gorgeous?"

I smirked to him.

"You know my regular, Cal. Or are you forgetting them since you've been ogling that guy over there since I got here."

"Whoops. Busted. Arrest me officer." He said as he showed his million dollar smile.

I observed my surrounding as my drink is being made. And my eyes are locked on my target at the end of the bar table.

Jason Howard. Owner of one of the most succesful companies in New York.

Rich. Good looking. Family oriented. Well, sort of. A very succesful illegal weapon dealer. A sex trafficker.

And, my mission.

"Thanks, Cal."

I made sure I said that loud enough for Jason Howard to hear after I received my drink. And as I looked through my peripheral vision, I see that my mission is a go. He glanced at me and walked my way as I made sure I sit pretty and  that my body language looks seductive.

"Alone in a nice evening?"

I glanced at him.

"Yes, unfortunately."

"I'm Jason."

I know.

"I'm Rose." I answered with my alias for the night.

"A beautiful girl, alone in a bar. Your boyfriend must be worried sick."

I smirked,

"Actually, he's one of the reasons why I'm here."

"Well then, it's his loss." He said.

"I guess it is." I continued to look at him through my lashes while sipping my drink.

"Why don't you come with me to my apartment and I'll show you a good time." He continued.

Seriously? Bringing a total stranger to your apartment? How naive is this guy?

"Alright." I smirked to myself. Jackpot.

I dropped a couple of twenties on the bar, picked up my purse, and I followed Jason out to his car. The whole trip to his apartment was silent, as I thought of more than a few ways for me to kill him.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked while keeping his sight towards the road.

"Just thinking." I said. I began to notice his hand on my left thigh, sliding up almost to my core.

I squirmed slightly. Good thing my knife was on my right thigh.

We reached his apartment and went straight to the elevator.

As we arrived in his luxurious penthouse apartment, I walked ahead of him and immediately asked,

"We are alone, right?" I looked over my shoulder and smirked at him seductively.

"Yes, no one will ever interupt us, darling."

"Good."

I turned around and marched up to him. I swung my legs so that my heel hit him in the face. Jason dropped to the floor and clutched his bleeding cheek.

"What the fuck?" He whined.

"Oh, come on. You think that's pain?" Then I kicked him in the ribs as he continued to wail out in pain.

"What about those girls you kidnapped and sold off to, huh?"

I crouched down so that my face is at his level,

"You know what? I don't need an explanation, because I know exactly who you are and what you did."

I pulled his head off the ground,

"Any last words?"

He looked at me with fear.

"Who—"

I slit his throat so he didn't get to finish his sentence.

Huh,

Well that was easy.

Buzz. I can feel my phone buzzing through my purse. It's Jamie, my mentor.

"Did you finished your mission?"

"Well, hello to you too, Jamie! I'm fine thank you very much, how about you?" I exclaimed.

"I don't have time for this Kat. Is it done?" I rolled my eyes at his answer.

"Yes of course it's done."

"Good, now head back to base." Before I could answer, he already hung up.

Ugh. I don't want to deal with his uptight ass right now. I want to go home and have nice long scented bubble bath, with red wine and a good book.

God, that sound heavenly.

Plus, I got sparks of blood all over me.

Oh wait.

Excuse my manners, I haven't introduced myself.

My name is Katrina Neferteri Amasis.

And I am an assassin.