' o n o g r i n d s ☾

'ono grinds - that's right!

 Emerson isn't a fan of ice cream

Emerson isn't a fan of ice cream. His choices regarding the dairy treat are very limited. Smoothies, he likes even less than that.

So that's why he doubts very highly that he will be vert fond of açaí bowls. Yet Rosalind finds it extremely necessary to have everyone taste what Hawaii has to offer. And, apparently, the açaí shops and booths is one of her favorite things about the islands.

"My personal favorite thing to do is to get an extra tropical bowl with açaí, coconut milk, apple juice, bananas, and mangos. What you get on top is your choice too." Rosalind explains excitedly, rubbing her hands together as they stand outside the store.

Traveling from place to place with a pack of teenagers can draw a lot of attention which is why, as other people walk pass, their eyes seem to gravitate to them. This makes Emerson extremely uncomfortable. Attention isn't exactly his favorite thing to receive.

"Everyone ready?" Rosalind grins, looking around the group. After everyone nods, she turns around and opens the door, holding it open for each and every person.

Once Emerson steps through, he mumbles a "thank you" awkwardly and stands at the end of the line. There's nothing more nerve wracking than waiting in a line to order food from a grumpy employee, especially when you have no idea what you want. Emerson doubts any of his friends feel the same way considering they're all laughing and talking happily as they wait for their turn.

"I can help you figure out what you want? You know, since you've never been here before." Rosalind chuckles slightly as she stands behind him patiently.

Looking back, he spots her smiling face, her usual blue baseball cap atop her head except today her blonde wavy hair was left down to frame her thin face. "I'm good." He replies, eager to avoid any conversation.

"The wrong order can ruin your opinion of a food establishment and I'd hate to think that you could make the wrong choice when there was something I could do to steer you in the right direction." Rosalind says lightly behind him. He remains facing ahead, trying his best to decipher his friends' conversation and why Gwen is laughing so hard at something Claire said.

He swallows, his jaw clenching slightly, before turning around again, "How about you just order for me then?" His tone is flat but he doesn't bother changing it.

She pauses before replying, "Okay, I will."

"I was joking." He chuckles darkly, shoving his hands into his shorts pockets as he takes a step, the line moving in front of him.

Rosalind comes to stand behind him, looking up slightly with a satisfied smile, "I know. But I'll do it anyway because I'm guessing you're the type of guy who's too prideful to ask for help. So I'll do you a favor and not wait for you to." She finishes.