My Hands

It's been a year now since the accident that took Naruto away from me. I've gotten better since i first woke in the hospital. When the memories came back to me from that time, I had started to cry and scream for Naruto. It got bad enough that the doctor had to give me an anesthetic to put me under. The funeral had been a few days later and, though I was still bandaged, I pushed my family to let me go. It was a closed casket funeral because Naruto's body was so torn up, they couldn't make it look like it used to. I ended up crying throughout the entire thing and my brother had held me as I did. Now it's easier. I can stand to go out with friends again and the memories don't cause me to have a break down. I can sleep alone again and not wake up screaming. But, I can't help reaching for him when the memories stat to get really strong. When that happens, I find myself going to the cemetary and just standing at Naruto's grave. I've got the entire wording on it memorized by now. 'Here lies Naruto Uzumaki, a beloved friend, lover and son.' Even though I have the quote memorized by heart, I still read it. It was something Naruto would say to someone he was really close to. 'Yours for eternity.' I'd just stand there and talk. Nothing special, just how much I missed him and what's going on in life. I don't know how long I stand there before either I get cold, hungry or someone would come to get me to take me home. But it's gotten better now. The wounds, both physically and mentally, are slowly healing. But, my hands just won't stop reaching...