𝖎𝖎. ❝ nothing important . ❞

❝ SABRINA? ❞ Talia asked as she walked through the darkened halls of the academy

SABRINA? ❞ Talia asked as she walked through the darkened halls of the academy. Of course, she knew exactly where the Spellman witch was as she knew the Weird Sisters all too well. She just didn't feel like venturing all the way to the dreaded witch's cell.

Normally, Talia wouldn't go to help out one of the Weird Sisters' victims like this. The Harrowing was a tradition, albeit an awful one, after all, but Talia couldn't sleep after that nightmare she had. She needed to walk out and breathe, so here she was heading to the witch's cell.

She sighed as she unbolted the heavy door and pulled it open. Unsurprisingly, she found Sabrina sat on the cold stone floor still awake. Surprisingly, she wasn't alone. A black cat laid just beside her, purring softly. "Talia?" Sabrina asked, looking up.

"Come on, Spellman," Talia instructed as she motioned for her to stand up. Sabrina scrambled to her feet, the black cat following suit. Talia sidestepped so Sabrina could get out of the cell. Once she was, Talia shut the door back up.

"What are you doing out here?" Sabrina asked, glancing down to make sure the cat had followed. "How'd you know where to find me?"

Talia shrugged. "The Weird Sisters do this a lot. It's called the Harrowing, witch tradition," she explained as she began to walk back to the dorms. "First step always involves that cell. Awful thing it is, by the way."

"It was, but Salem here," Sabrina begin nodding toward her black cat. "is my familiar. Comforts and protects me wherever I am."

"Familiars aren't allowed, you know. So be careful," she warned, glancing down once more at Salem. "As for me, I couldn't sleep. I knew you were locked away and I needed to walk about anyway."

Sabrina nodded. "Well, thanks," she said, an appreciative smile gracing her lips. Talia forced her own smile before ushering Sabrina into the girls' dorms.

Once she got into bed, she laid awake for about the rest of the night. She didn't want to fall asleep and have those horrid memories fill her head once again.

The next morning, Talia ran into Mira as she was exiting Father Blackwood's office. "Lia? What's the matter?" Mira asked, considering one didn't usually enter Blackwood's office without meaning.

"I was just informing Blackwood that I'd be going to visit my grandmother," Talia confessed, beginning to walk with Mira as she adjusted the bag she wore across her body.

Mira stopped, forcing Talia to stop as well. "Your grandmother? What for?"

"Nothing important, don't worry about it."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"So you can miss class?" Talia scoffed. "Not likely. One of us has to be top of her classes, thank you very much." Mira couldn't help but laugh. "Alright, I'll be off now. See you when I get back."