𝖛. ❝ it's barbaric . ❞

❝ SO YOU'RE— ❞ Talia stood in front of Ms

SO YOU'RE— ❞ Talia stood in front of Ms. Wardwell's desk with her arms crossed over her chest and an unreadable expression on her face.

"Not your niece," Talia cut her off. "I know." Something about Ms. Wardwell seemed relaxed after Talia said that, and she could've sworn the woman even looked surprised at first.

"Well, you're not a student at Baxter High."

Talia let out a disdainful laugh. "Hardly. I'm here because you're a witch." That too made Ms. Wardwell's face fall.

"How would you—"

"I wasn't certain until just now, thank you for that," Talia interrupted again, the slightest of smug smiles on her face. "Now, why am I here? Right?"

Ms. Wardwell quirked an eyebrow after the conversation seemed to pause. "Oh, you actually wanted me to respond? Because you have cut me off twice now."

Talia rolled her eyes but moved forward, placing herself in the chair in front of the desk. "What are you doing with Sabrina Spellman?"

Wardwell eyed Talia for a moment, as if contemplating her response. "Something tells me you have an idea already."

"If I'm correct, you helped her perform an exorcism. Is that right?" Talia questioned, not seeming the least bit unsure in her assumption. When Ms. Wardwell didn't argue, Talia continued. "Don't say she just asked for your help either, because no witch would perform an exorcism out of their own good will."

Silence fell between the pair once more. "I knew her father," Wardwell explained finally. "It was his request that I watch over her."

Talia weighed the answer, wondering if it could possibly be true. "Forgive me if I don't quite believe you." Wardwell promptly rolled her eyes and sat forward in her chair. "But, I don't need to," Talia decided. "Whatever you are doing, I assume you won't be leaving Spellman alone?"

"Why do you ask?"

Talia heaved a sigh, arms crossed over her chest. "I have...little interest in what Spellman does. Little interest in what you do either," she explained simply. Then she stood up, planting her hands on the desk. Her face seemed to darken. "But harm a hair on her head and I won't hesitate to make the rest of your life living agony."

"A threat is just words, dear," Wardwell tutted, seemingly unfazed by her words. Still, Talia hadn't budged. "Still if harm ever comes to Sabrina Spellman, I assure you: it won't be my doing."

Quirking a brow, Talia let out a mirthless laugh. "I hope you're right. And I hope it stays that way." Drumming her fingers against the desk, she straightened up. "Let's not do this again."

Without more of a goodbye, Talia gave Wardwell one last withering glance before walking towards the office door. "Why?" Wardwell called after her. Talia's hand rested against the doorknob, her movements ceasing as she offered the subtlest turn of the head. "If you've no interest in Sabrina, then why do you care what happens to her?"