Chapter seventeen

My ears stopped ringing before I opened my eyes. When I did, I found myself in a room with lights so bright, I thought I had been transported to the sun. The ruler wasn't in my hand anymore. My sides and head ached. But I remembered. I remembered everything that had happened thus far. I lifted my arms, and placed my hands on a sort of blue glass in front of me. I suddenly realised I was floating in something...my feet weren't touching the ground. It was almost like being suspended in midair. There was some sort of tube or something attached to a needle, going into my neck that allowed me to breathe. The liquid that held me to this glass case stung my eyes, but I kept them open to keep observing my surroundings. I wondered where Brizzy and Think had gone, I seemed to have remembered them falling through the trapdoor with me.

As my eyes adjust to the light, my answers come as well. I see Think and Brizzy across the room, each imprisoned in a sort of glass case with blue liquid, exactly as I am. I see the same tube in their cases that allows them to breathe, but other than that, it's different.

One thing that I notice is that in front of Brizzy's case, there's a picture of her with short curly hair...the exact picture she uses for her channel on YouTube. Above the picture are the words Anna Brisbin. Okay...that's not creepy at all...

Think's case has a picture in front of it as well, a bowl of noodles with a huge orange TN above it...the exact same picture as his profile picture on YouTube. Above his picture is the word Justin. Huh. That's not creepy either....

I look around and see Alex and Wengie as well. Both of their YouTube profile pictures are in front of their cases. Above Alex's picture, it says Alex, and above Wengie's, it says Wengie. I guess the mysteries of some YouTubers' last names will never be solved.

Alex and Wengie have obviously been here longer than we have. They're not even conscious. But...if they've been here longer than us, then who was that with us walking through the woods? I should have known something was wrong ever since 'Wengie' told us the story about how she got the changeling scale!!! Those two were imposters, and caused us to get captured!!!

If anything's good, Mike and Cupquake aren't here. The cases with their pictures and names are empty except for the blue liquid.

It's strange inside of here. Kind of humid. I don't feel any of the liquid, in fact, I feel completely dry. My ponytail is floating above me in the liquid, as it would if I were swimming. I look down, and see nothing but a mess of wires. Those must have been the ones I saw on the ceiling last time I was on the ground.

A figure walks into the room through a dark door that I didn't notice before.  They have a hood over their head, but the figure makes me think it's a girl.

She enters and goes over to this sort of console. I see numerous glowing buttons, levers, and switches alike. She flicks a few switches and pushes a few buttons. Nothing happens. Then, she pushes a huge glowing red button. Now, I'm sure from what cartoons have taught me that you should never press the red button. And those cartoons were right.

A pain like I've never known goes through me, starting in my throat and making its way through my entire body. I know I'm screaming, but I can't hear sound coming out, all that's coming out of my mouth are bubbles. The liquid enters my mouth, gushing into my lungs and flooding up my nose. I feel like I'm being electrified by Pikachu's thunderbolt. I'll never laugh at Team Rocket for getting electrified in Pokémon ever again.

I can see Think and Brizzy attempting to scream as well, but Alex and Wengie don't look fazed. Although based on the electricity traveling through the tubes to their necks, I know that they're going through what we're going through now.

Even when the figure turns the machine off and leaves the room, the pain doesn't stop. I feel like my insides are being fried. And then...it's just over. Not because it stopped.

My eyelids were too heavy. My body hurt too much. I slipped into unconsciousness.