Chapter 1

I imagine her looking a lot like this but with blue hair. And I guess whatever clothes you would like to imagine if I don't specify.
Sorry there is such big spaces between paragraphs, I typed it on my computer and it looked different. Also I don't have a cover yet because I don't know what to put as a cover. I will take suggestions.

A small girl with blue hair wandered across a sandy shore. The beach was almost empty save for a small family at the edge of the water. The water lapped at the chairs they had set up a little too close to the water

     The family included a little boy no more than 7 years old and two adults smiling down at him. At their feet was a small dog that could have maybe reached the girls knees.

    The girl herself was maybe 9 years old. She smiled whence saw the family splash around in the water. They looked so happy, something the girl knew she could not be.

    At all times in the back of her mind she is reminded of her identity.  She is the personification of the very waves that washed across the pristine sand she walked on. She was to be forever alone so long as she walked across the water.

    The blue haired girl was startled when the tall mother of the boy approached her. She was ready to bolt towards the ocean the moment the blond was within ten feet.

    "Little girl? What are you doing out here?" 

    The girl shook her head, not wanting to answer. She knew as soon as she did there was a chance the woman would try to get her to tell her about herself. that question could not be answered when there was nothing to tell.

    "Honey! Come here," the woman yelled. The girl settled as addressing the family as 'The Woman', 'The Man' and 'The Boy' as she did not know their names.

    Smiling, the woman bent down and crouched, no more than six feet away. She could see that the girl was obviously prepared to bold. She was especially on guard when the man started to approach them, feeling threatened at the thought of being outnumbered.

    The man walked towards the duo with a confused frown. 'A small girl out in the middle of the beach all alone?' Nothing about it was right.

    the girl shifted her feet to face the ocean, put off by the two different reactions to seeing her. She was about to run at the ocean when something grabbed her hand.

     She she looked in shock at the small boy holding her hand. This was not something that se had been prepared for. She had never felt the touch of another hand in all her life. Nothing could describe the sudden feeling other then pure, unadulterated, joy. A new feeling to her.    "Hi!" The boys voice broke her from her trance and she reflexively yanked her hand back.     "My name is Louis, what's yours?"

    Before the girl could think about her actions she whispered, "Meri." Something about this boy intrigued the girl and she knew they would be 'friends' for a very long time. Something that would be a first for the girl from the sea.

~~~

    Its been two years since Meri was adopted by the Trembly family. The family consisted of her best friend and brother, Louis, her dad, Will, her mom, Jesica, and her older sister Annie. Her sister had not been present at the beach when she met the family because she was out with friends.

    The Trembly family lived in Canada originally, but after a new job opportunity opened up for Will, the family packed up their bags and moved to a lovely cabin house near the sea.    Meri had fit in well with the family so far but after a while they noticed small details like her injuries healing faster than normal and her eating habits not satisfactory for a normal human.     After two years the family decided enough was enough and called a small family meeting for Meri to explain everything, as per her request.