1. We Have Chemistry

Serena's P.O.V

School had started a week ago.

Finally I was back from my trip to Bora Bora during the summer. The radiant sun made my skin color change from a pale brown to caramel brown. During the past month I grew very little, now I'm 5'2". As I passed through the halls my brown hair bounced on my back, my hazel eyes followed the students' faces to find a familiar one, someone I knew. Everyone seemed to know where to go, my legs shook uncontrollably, I was lost and nervous.

Sophomore year was it. I was ready to change my shy personality and become more audacious, reckless and attractive.

As I entered the Chemistry classroom heads turned like meerkats. Their gazes penetrated me, they were confused, who was I? The class was full of students, around 30, as I looked through the class my eyes spotted a beautiful tall girl.

Alex has been together by my side since 5th grade, she is my best friend. Through the years she became taller and her dark shot hair is now standing straight at the end of her back. When she saw me, a smile appeared across her face. She ran towards me and hugged me, almost making me fall. Suddenly her warmth made me feel calmer, I found her, I had someone.

"Where the hell have you been!? I've been waiting a whole week for you!" Said Alex, " I been all alone." I knew she was lying, not only her expression gave her away, but also the fact that she is very easy-going and popular. She was very amiable and cool, unlike me, always shy and dumb. We were so antithetical, yet so similar.

"Sorry! It was unplanned but I had fun" I said.

"Fine whatever, you better tell me all the details of the guy you saw at Bora Bora!" Alex was so exited to hear everything.

Finally the Chemistry teacher, a 70-year-old man with no hair covering his cranium, came to the front of the classroom and presented me, as Serena the girl who was absent for a week. I went to one of the last empty seats in Alex's row and sat there.

The bell rang, a tall guy came rushing inside. His breath was uneven. He had big dark brown eyes, wavy black hair and a childish smile that captivated me. His creamy face was painted with a faint tint of pink. I had no intentions of ever talking to him, he was too different from the guys I've liked.

Slowly he walked towards the row were she was sitting. For a moment, Jacob's eyes locked with mine, suddenly I felt a rush of adrenaline rushing through my body, my heart went wild. We felt something... We had chemistry.

People began to stare, we noticed and both embarrassed realized we were staring at each other for too long. Jacob moved fast and sat behind me.

"Jacob, I guess you met Serena, she will be with us from now on" Mr. Solis said. All the students turned to see us, I began to blush and I'm pretty sure Jacob did too.

In the class we learned about the elements and the periodic table. I heard everything yet my brain was unable to process anything, my mind was wandering in another world. Why had he stared at me?

Finally the bell rang and my heart accelerated. It clicked, I accidentally stole Jacob's desk! Crap. I tried to run and catch up but Jacob ran before she could.

I couldn't decide what were my feelings. Was I attracted to him or just surprised? What did I felt in my veins, in my stomach? Confused I left the classroom besides Alex trying to figure out what had happened.