4. Take Me Home

Jacob's P.O.V.

We sat down in a circle on the rug. As we started to work on the research paper, Serena and I would exchange looks as if we were communicating silently. We were doing fine until Cameron spoke.

Cameron has always been an asshole to girls. He flirted with them, made them feel special, sleep with them, and dumped them. He had cold blue eyes, blonde hair; he was short and muscular.

I guess he noticed that we had something going on between us, so naturally he would feel threaten since he was the good looking. I mean how can a girl like Serena even look at me?

So to regain his position as the badass-need-to-have, he began to flirt with her. That immediately made me furious, I was tired of his attitude and wanted to beat him. But I had to hold myself, I wasn't the kind of guy who would get in a fight.

To get some steam off, I offered to get some drinks. I left the room furiously, as I began to pour the lemonade on the crystal glasses, a memory flashed through my mind.

Back in 9th grade, there were rumors that Cameron would try girls to have sex with him. Either, he kiss them or he touched them. Fuck.

My body moved immediately after I remembered, the glass fell on the floor, after the crashing sound everything went still. I stopped, maybe I was over reacting, my jealousy had gone to far.

Until I heard a small desperate scream that belonged to her, I ran to the room and I saw Cameron on top of her. He had his lips on her neck, his hands over her mouth holding her down in the ground. Her wail for help, filled me with anger. Her fearful eyes screamed to me, rage overpowered me.

My punch went flying across his face. I didn't feel any pain, but he must've. His surprised eyes were wide open, Cameron's lips were bloody.

"What the heck man! I'm going to get revenge, and worst. Not in front of a woman like you did" said Cameron furiously, "you should be sorry and ashamed, no one will like you like that."

His words cut me like a knife, slowly they pierced my heart, my brain, I had done what my father had, before he left my mom and I. My lips were bloody, my eyes full of tears, I was frightened by the monster he had become due to alcohol, when my mom saw this scene he left my father. Just before he left, he hit my mom too, I began to shiver, I did it then and I did it now. What the hell had I done?

Cameron stood up, and left. He smiled mischievously at Serena, his shoulder hit mine before he left, he whispered, "you'll pay for this" and left.

I fell on my knees, I began trembling, my eyes filled with tears. I'm sorry mom, I became like dad...

A hint of lavender calmed me down, her brunet hair fell down my arms, her warm minty breath brushed my cheek. Her arms held me tight, with kindness. We stood there for a while until I calmed down, I told her how sorry I was, because she had to see that. I told her about my dad, she listened with consideration, she cared about me. My tears finally stopped running down my cheeks. I closed them for a while and embraced the warmness of Serena's body.

The sun ran away, it no longer ruled, the moon slowly walked to the top of the world, the stars adorned the sky. It was late, Serena didn't want to leave but I offered to take her home.

In the car, we never spoke, but somehow it wasn't awkward. Our hands were resting next to each other, I could only concentrate on her small hands. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey was played in the radio, our hands touched and we held hands until we arrived to her house.

The wind moved the leaves of the Sycamore trees on Serena's lawn, the smell of rain and flowers filled the air. I hadn't realized it rained, the only thing in my mind was Serena and how kind she was, I guess I saw the real her. She was companionate, now I was sure that I had fallen for her.

The moon illuminated her face, the white pure light brightened her hazel eyes. She saw me with kindness and love, my heart skipped a beat. I could here my pulse raising, butterflies tickled my stomach. What was happening? I had never felt such fervid feelings before.

"Good night Jacob" said Serena with her honey-like voice.

Before she got off the car, she came close to me. Holding my arm that had held her hand, she approached.

Her lips touched my cheek, slowly she implanted her love in me. I caught a glimpse of her face before she ran to her house, her cheeks were bright pink and her eyes wandered off mischievously. She stopped before closing the door to look back at me and disappeared in the dark of the night.

I stood there in my car thinking about her, about her lips, until a glimpse of the morning caught my face. I looked once more at her bedroom window in the second floor, to notice that she was awake too, her lamp was still on.