The New Kid Diaries

Ugh, high school. who actually wants to go through four years of torment and humiliation? I mean, I understand why we need to be here but the school board should at least try to make school more fun. I guess thats where extra curriculars come in.

I should tell you about myself if I’m going to continue telling you my story. My name is Logan Forbes, I am 14 years old, a freshman at Grapevine High School, I am new to this district this year, and I’m here because my mom couldn’t afford me anymore so I had to move in with dad and Melinda, my dad’s girlfriend. Oh dear god how I hate it here. I want nothing more than to run home to my mom and never look back. Don’t you dare call me a mommas boy. I love my mom more than life okay? She’s gone through so much just to keep our family afloat, without the help of my other “parents” I honestly don’t think i should call them my parents. Dad and Melinda haven’t been involved in my life hardly at all. They knew the financial struggle me and mom have been through, but they didn’t give the furry crack of a rats behind. They say everyday, “We are so happy you live here now.” and  “This is where you belong.” and “This is where you’ll be for the next four years.” Bullshit. I’m moving back in with mom as soon as she is in the financial situation where she can support me again. I have to admit, me and my mom talk nearly every day and it has made our relationship better. When I was home, we used to fight every day but me and my mom could easily get over it and watch tv and eat dinner together.

But now I’m here, waiting for my mom to get enough money to afford me again, doing extra chores so I can slip her some cash. My mom is the most important thing to me in the whole world, I may talk crap about her all the time but I still love her.

I might as well list some of the benefits of  living with dad and Melinda. They got me a new cat, she’s so precious and cute and cuddly and agh. I got a queen sized bed, this is a plus and a minus because I have so much more room than with the twin I used to have, but I hate sleeping alone. My new room is bigger and I really like having all this space, but it just feels empty sometimes. That’s pretty much it.

Now that you know the parts of my life that are somewhat worth telling, I guess I’ll get into my school life. Hip Hip Hoo-fucking-ray.