Chapter ten

ALL YOU RECOGNIZE BELONGS TO THE WONDEROUS AMAZING AWESOME PERFECT GREAT GOOD GRIFFENCLAWHUFFRIN JK ROWLING!!!!!!<3 THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Draco's POV

I approach Luna, wondering what is going to happen next.

"Luna, I-"

"Stop. Just stop." she says, and turns away.

"Luna, I wrote a letter to you. Every day, I wrote you a letter, hoping that one out of those ninety four days, you would get it. You would read it. And, you would wake up. But when you finally did... I made a huge mistake. I was in shock, Luna, and I didn't mean to."

"Draco, I don't care if you were in shock or if you had goddamn spattergroit. I don't even care if nargles were infesting your brain... no matter how many times you say you're sorry, and no matter how many times I forgive you, I will not forget that moment, that I couldn't say that I love you anymore. I do. That's not the point. I just... can't do this anymore, and you got your second chance. It's just too hard for me. I will never forget that- goodbye, Draco." she says. 

And I walk off, my eyes burning with tears and my throat choking back the sobs that were about to escape. And I realize that I no longer have anything. My parents are in Azkaban. My whole school hates me. And so does Luna.

__________________

Luna's POV

Hot tears form in my eyes, as I try to fall asleep.

So I sneak out of the Ravenclaw dormitories and to the secret tower.

People only ever see it on the outside- nobody, except for me, knows of the secret staircase that leads up to it. I know Draco is in the Room of Requirement- where else would he be?- so I head up the stairs, behind the painting of the three silent ladies.

Except, when I get there, he is there.

I am about to sneak off quietly, when I notice something.

He is on the edge.

He is about to jump.

And I realize something far more important than anything I have realized in my entire life.

He is my love. He has my love. And I am in love. I am in love with Draco Malfoy, hopelessly, desperately in love. And I couldn't survive, without love. Without this love.

And as I realize this, I realize one more thing.

He just jumped off.

And, without thinking it through, without thinking anything through, I run to the edge of the tower and jump off also. And I grab his hand, and he raises his eyebrows, desperately. A single tear streams down his cheek.

And I kiss him, and I hear my body slam against the ground as if it is not me who just landed, who just fell to their death. 

And before the world dissapears, I think one last thing.

I am in love with Draco Malfoy.