18. The Hangout

Chapter 18 - The Hangout

Leila

They jumped about three feet away from each other and I had a strong urge to laugh, but I restrained myself. 

Alice looked absolutely terrified while JB just wiped his lips and looked as if he was trying to suppress a smile. He looked at Alice and she looked away quickly before lifting her eyes up to mine. I looked at her lips, which were not surprisingly, swollen. 

I closed the door and set my bag of clothes down and walked toward the kitchen. JB cleared his thoat and stepped out of the way immediately. He had an uncomfortable look on his face. I opened the fridge and took the orange juice out before grabbing a mug and pouring myself a drink. 

When he thought I wasn't looking, he snuck a glance at Alice and winked at her, causing her to scowl at him. They were cute, I had to give them that. JB stared at her lovingly. I was happy for both of them. He looked away quickly when I cleared by throat.

"So," I sipped my juice, "would you care to explain why you were making out on my kitchen counter?" 

JB smiled really hard this time and Alice just blushed. 

"I mean, it's awesome that you two are kissing, but... really? In the kitchen?" 

Alice looked at JB and he winked at her. It looked like he already knew how to push her buttons, something I found out the second I met her. She was easy to annoy and easy to become annoying. She was lovable. 

"Well," she mumbled, "I was just going to cook something and-"

I nearly choked when she said she was going to cook something. 

"You? Cook? You can't cook to save your life, Alice. There's no need to lie." I gave her a friendly smile. 

JB said to Alice, "See? It's completely fine." 

"Fine anywhere else except for the kitchen counter," I laughed. 

JB and Alice hung around for a while longer before he dragged her out of the dorm so they could find a place to eat. I wasn't envious of them, since I had Mark, but they were adorable together. Absolutely adorable. 

I had no idea where Mark was, and I had no intentions of calling him. Being alone allowed me time to think. My STLYENANDA commercial shoot is tomorow and I had a plan to get Alice into some photoshoots. I had a feeling PD-nim wasn't going to do anything about it. 

Part of me was extremely happy about getting so many offers, but the other part of me was worried for Alice. I felt bad because her parents only agreed to let her stay if she would make it big. If she didn't, she would have to go back to school in America, which she definitely didn't want to do. 

I was going to do everything in my power to help her stay here as well as help Eun-Bi make it into JYPE as a trainee. 

A knock on the door cleared me from my thoughts. 

"Come in!" 

The door opened and revealed my dad, who smiled and greeted me. 

"I remember you brought up that girl who auditioned before but her mom passed away," he said as he situated himself on my black couch. 

"Yeah," I replied as I sat down on the opposite side. "I just talked to her today." 

"I remember her," he said. "She has a wonderful voice, but her emotions is what captured me at first. I could see all of the emotions pouring out of her as she sang. I look for that in every one of the auditionees."