002

#Kismet002

"Kass," I felt our helper gently tapping my arm, trying to wake me up. "Pinapagising ka ng mommy mo, may bisita kasi sa baba."

My forehead creased as I tried to absorb what she was saying. So what if there's a visitor waiting downstairs? Anong kinalaman ko doon? This was the only time that I could rest after those mind-draining exams that I had few days ago guguluhin pa nila.

"Sino daw?" I asked, my eyes were still closed. I was too lazy to even open my eyes.

"Hindi ko kilala eh." she simply replied. Ate Christy started working for us just few weeks ago that's why she haven't met my mom's amigas yet.

I lazily stretched out my arms and slowly opened my eyes. "Sunod nalang ako sa baba, Ate Christy. Thanks."

I walked to my bathroom and washed my face before I went down to meet my mom's visitor. Don't tell me my mom set me up on a blind date nanaman ah.

Surprise was written on my face when I reached the receiving area. I saw Javi comfortably sitting on the couch and beside him was Tita Anna and Mara. He was even holding a bouquet of Sunflower! What the hell was he doing here?

"Good morning, Kass!" Tita Anna enthusiastically greeted me. A warm smile was plastered on her lips. Mara was smiling at me, too.

"Good morning, too, Tita Anna!" I greeted her back and gave her a small smile.

"Aren't you going to greet Javi, Kass?" Mom asked me. She was grinning at me. What the hell, mom? Ano nanaman ba 'tong pinaplano niya?!

I faced Javi. Void of any emotion. "Morning."

Javi smiled sweetly at me. "Good morning, Kassie." then he handed me the bouquet that he was holding. "For you."

I frowned. Seriously? Ginising talaga nila ako para dito? "Para saan 'to?" I asked. "Hindi pa naman ako patay para bigyan mo ng bulaklak."

Mom glared at me. "Stop being rude, Kassandra!"

"It's okay, Marie." Tita Anna said to my mom. I suddenly felt gulity. Tita Anna has been nothing but good to me tapos ganito lang gagawin ko sakanila.

"Sorry." I quickly apologized. I know what I did was wrong. "Woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Tita Anna smiled at me. "It's okay, Kass. I totally understand. Looks like we disturbed your sleep."

"Of course not, Tita!" I lied.

"Eto kasing si Javier ko gusto ka makita."

Seriously? What does he really want? He's been messaging me these past few weeks, asking me out and I kept turning down his invites. Hindi ba niya ma-gets 'yon? Tapos ngayon nandito pa siya. As if things will change.

"Do you want to eat breakfast with me, Mara?" I asked, trying to avoid Javier. I couldn't stand looking at his face.

Mara nodded at me. "Yup." she quickly stood up from her seat and walked up to me. "I miss having breakfast with you, Ate Kass."

"Go join them, Javi." Mom told Javi. Gosh. Hindi ba makaramdam 'tong nanay ko na ayaw ko sa presensya ni Javier? "May pag-uusapan lang kami ni Anna." she added.

"Sounds good, Tita!" Javi replied.

My god. Javi will be the death of me.

I held Mara's hand and guided her to the dining room. Breakfast was already served on the table when we came in. Mara sat beside me while Javi sat on the vacant chair in front of me.