Chapter 33

-1 week later-

~Y/n's POV~

Trance was making a full recovery. She could finally walk again, although she did limp a lot and sometimes needed assistance going up the stairs. Other than that, she was doing fine physically. Her mental health was also increasing, she hadn't been imprisoned for too long but it was still a traumatizing experience for her.

Right now, we were eating dinner at the large dining table. We had to expand it to accommodate for the 6 new people, and it was getting a little crowded around here. Although this was the infinite house, we decided to try and keeps our rooms close together and near the other usually used rooms like the kitchen.

It was also getting somewhat difficult to get food for all of us, and was becoming more risky. The way we got food was by "borrowing" from different universes. We've almost been caught three times now, since we had to collect a lot now. Overall, things were getting worse.

Right now, we were eating some spaghetti that we borrowed from some universe's Papyrus spaghetti stash. The only issue was none of us really knew how to cook. Blueberry only knew how to make tacos, and we were having trouble getting all of those ingredients. So, the spaghetti was kinda bland.

"I can't keep eating this trash, when are we gonna get some real food?" Poison complained, dropping her fork onto her plate with a loud clatter.

"You know the situation we are in, until we defeat Nightmare we can't keep going out and taking food." Ink replied, sounding annoyed and frustrated. He had a bit of tomato sauce on the corner of his mouth, which I quickly wiped away for him with a small smile.

"Then let's defeat him already! I want to live a normal life for once, not stay cooped up in this hell hole!" She shouted back, standing up and slamming her hands onto the table while leaning over to glare at Ink.

"It's not that easy. You know what he's capable of. I-" Ink tried to reason, but was cut off.

"I don't want to hear your damn excuses! Don't you want a Nightmare-free life? We won't get that unless we start acting! The more time we waste, the stronger he gets!" She yelled at him, her hands balling up into clenched fists.

"She's right." Lavender said, looking up from her plate of half-eaten spaghetti. This was the first time I've ever seen them agree. Poison stared at her in amazement, like she couldn't believe it. She quickly shook her head, and stared back at Ink.

"Well, what's your idea of stopping him? I'd like to hear it." Ink responded, his normally starry eyes turning into red triangles.

She stammered, at a lost for words. She clearly didn't have an idea. But to our surprise, Lust cleared his throat.

"Actually, I have a small plan. If you'd like to hear it." Lust said, placing his chin onto his hand in a slightly bored manner.

"Of course, what is it?" Ink asked. He sounded slightly surprised that out of all the people in the room, Lust was the one with an idea.

"Well, my thought is he is more powerful with his cronies around. If we take out those cronies slowly, we might have a shot at taking him down. I'm not saying we take down all of them, that would be impossible, but maybe some of the stronger ones. If he's left with a weak army and we all keep our strength up, I think we can defeat him." Lust explained, scanning everyone's faces while he spoke. For some reason, he seemed to linger longer on me.

"I think... I think that may work. We'll have to come up with a more complex version, but I think it would work. But, there is one undecided thing that I think we should finally address." Ink said, taking a deep intake of breath. "Are we going to kill Nightmare?"