Meeting the Copycat ≫ 02

After what seemed like hours, we finally reached Kaijō High. Everyone rushed out of the crowded bus and I stretched out, yawning.

(Hey, my neck hurts after sleeping on Aomine's hard shoulder, so don't judge me.)

Immediately, a familiar boy with blond hair walked outside with a Kaijō High basketball jersey that said #7 on the front.

Momoi gushed, squealing, "Kise-kun! Long time no see!"

Oh, so that's Kise.

"Yo," Aomine said, shrugging.

"Aominecchi, Momoicchi!" Kise exclaimed, smiling toothily, "What a pleasant surprise!"

Wow, did not expect that happy-go attitude coming out of that blond dude.

He glared at me. "What?"

My eyes widened, as I realized what had happened.

Was I that stupid enough to say my thought aloud?

I stammered, not knowing what to say, "I-I-I-"

"She's an idiot, Kise. Don't worry about it," Aomine interrupted, staring at me.

"Well, thanks..." I mumbled.

Kise just laughed it off, "I was kidding," He glanced at me, "What's your name, anyways?"

"Rima," I answered, biting my lip, "Rima Mori."

Momoi chimed in, "Anyways, Kise-kun, Rima is a photographer and she's interested in taking photos of you."

He leaned towards me. "Are you a fan...?"

I stepped away, shaking my head, scoffing, "Yeah, right. I don't even remember you from junior high. What I'm interested in is becoming a better photographer and if you don't mind, I want you to model for me."

"What will I get in return, then?" Kise smirked at me, making me flinch.

Wait, what was I going to give him in return?

"Uh..."

"Kidding, again. I would be honored to help you," He replied with a sarcastic smile, bowing down at me.

I sighed, "We can have a little photo-shoot after the practice game, then."

Kise looked at everyone. "Ah, so that's why you guys came. Figures."

"Yup!" Momoi exclaimed, wrapping her arm around Kise's neck. "It'll be so much fun, having a practice game before the Interhigh preliminaries!"

"You're going down, Kise," Aomine addressed with confidence.

"Oh, we'll see about that, Aominecchi."

_____

I almost had a heart attack as I entered the gym. In the bleachers, there were hundred of girls screaming Kise's name.

I knew that Kise was popular, but I didn't know he was this popular.

"Kise-kun!"

"Go, Kaijō High!"

"I love you, Kise!"

I sat down on Tōō's bench, next to Momoi.

Momoi tried talking to Aomine and the rest of the team, but it was impossible to hear anything over the squealing fangirls.

"Kise, Kise, Kise!"

"I love you, Kise-kun!"

"Kaijō High is better!"

"Can you all be quiet?!" I yelled at the girls in the bleachers, making them glare at me and become silent. Kise gave me an amused look.

I really didn't care at this point of what they thought of me.

Momoi thanked me, then continued, "Anyways, remember what we did at practice for these past weeks. And Aomine... just do what you always do."

Wakamatsu muttered under his breath, "He should come to practice. He never does though. I don't understand why he's even on our team."

He never goes to practice?!

He exchanged glances with me. "What about it?"

I said that aloud again. Dang, I really should try to stop doing that.

"I feel like you should go to practice. Wakamatsu is right, if you don't go to practice, then it's like you're not on the team," I answered, shrugging.

"Then, why am I the best and most contributing player on the team?"

I could see Wakamatsu gritting his teeth. What was worse was that he knew what Aomine said was true.

"Guys," Momoi paused, "let's not fight now, let's just focus on winning."

"Everyone, try to let Aomine score. There will probably be a lot of players from Kaijō blocking him," She announced, everyone except Wakamatsu nodding.

"Let's go, Tōō!" Momoi shouted, picking up her clipboard.

All the starting players from both teams jogged to the court. The lights started to dim.

The referee got his whistle ready.

Kise and Aomine had a stare down, both of them bending their knees to jump.

"3...2...1...!" The whistle was blown.

Everyone in the bleachers started to cheer.

The ball was thrown in the air and immediately, Kise and Aomine went up to reach for the ball.

_____

A/N: I'm so evil to end it there.

M U W A H A H A H A ! I shall rule the world with triumph and pride.

You : (;☉_☉) What?! Is Kins-chan she insane?

Why yes, my friend. Yes I am.

With love,

kawaii-kins ☜(◔◞౪◟◔)☞