(seven)

I woke up the next day bright and early which was not even the least bit surprising to me. I sat up in the bed and stretched before making my way out of our bedroom and heading downstairs in pursuit of some coffee. 

Ashley was gonna be here in an hour or so, I had to wake up Cody and make him some breakfast as well as get ready. Joy. 

All I wanted to do was drag Billie to bed with me and just sleep the day away like we had done a few times in the past. But that was the past. I felt myself wanting to cry at the thought. 

Were we really not gonna make it? 

After everything, this is what's gonna end it. Fuck! Without realizing it until after it had happened, I had punched the closest wall to me, making me let out a whimper right after. What is wrong with me?!

I guess that noise woke up Billie cause he shot up from the couch at the sounds and looked over at me. I froze under his stare but tried not to look fazed in the slightest. Knowing me though, I failed. 

Deciding that I couldn't face him anymore, I headed into the kitchen to make coffee. I had brought my phone with me and sure enough it was going off. I had some texts from Ashley that I needed to reply to. 

Once I got that all squared away and my coffee was ready, I put it in my to-go thermos. 

I had heard some footsteps and turned to see Cody making his way into the kitchen making me smile softly. I tried not to let it falter when I saw Billie come in behind him. 

"Morning Cody" I beamed making him grin. 

"Morning," Cody spoke tiredly. "can we have scrambled eggs? And pancakes? And french toast? And-"

"Whoa whoa whoa Codes. How about you pick one? You and I got some stuff we need to do today." I said softly. I avoided Billie's questioning gaze. 

"What stuff?" Cody asked. 

"Yeah, what stuff?" Billie inserted himself into the conversation. 

I inhaled and exhaled softly. "Well Cody. We are going with Ashley to look at some apartments" I admitted. 

"Why? Are we moving?" Cody asked with wide eyes. 

"Well ye-" 

"But we just got here! Billie said we could stay here forever" Cody cut me off. I felt my lip quiver at the sight of my upset little brother. Who knows if this was giving him PTSD or something.

"I-I know Cody but-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before Cody took off, running off to his room. I think I even heard him starting to cry. 

"Cody wait!" I called, going after him but was shortly stopped by Billie who had grabbed me and pulled me back to him. "let me go" I said shakily. 

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on" Billie nearly growled. 

"This isn't healthy. All of this. And you know it. And Cody sure as hell doesn't deserve to be put through this shitshow. And neither do I." I looked up at him defiantly. 

"Don't walk away, we will make this work. I swear! Come on Mel, you and I can do anything" he tried to persuade me. 

"But you and Evelyn. Your son. Don't you need to be with them?" I asked.

"I will be there for them. But if you think I'm leaving you for Evelyn, you're crazy. I love YOU, remember?" Billie said as he raised my finger that had my engagement ring on it.

At that point, I knew I was crying. "If you're serious, and you want Cody and I to stay, then we need to put everything out in the open right here, right now" I spoke. 

"Okay" Billie said immediately. 

"I'm gonna do everything I can to get over what happened with you and Evelyn in the past. But that doesn't mean I trust you 100% again. We're gonna have to work on that and you CAN'T get mad at me for that. If it was the other way around, you'd be acting the exact same way I am." I said, raising an eyebrow at Billie as if to challenge him. 

"Okay, you're right. I promise I'll be patient and there will be no more repeats of last night." Billie said, looking me dead in the eye. 

I observed him to see if there were any hints of him lying to me. When I deemed that there in fact, were none, I nodded. "Okay. We'll stay. I guess now would be the time to calm down Cody." 

"No kidding. Call Ashley and tell her not to come get you to look at apartments today. You, Cody, and I are gonna have a lazy day together." Billie concluded. 

"Well, shit. Yes sir." I mocked saluted. Billie had made a noise in the back of his throat which he immediately covered up with a cough. It didn't take me too long to put two and two together. "Oh my god, you're kidding!" I found myself giggling for what felt like the first time in forever. 

"What? It's been so long since you've let me touch you like that. I'm dying over here" he nearly whined. 

"Maybe if you keep playing nice, that day will come soon enough" I grinned cockily as I ran my fingers over his crotch slightly. 

"That makes two of us" he groaned in frustration. I smiled softly to which he did the same. 

It scared me how quickly Billie could change my feelings and emotions. An hour ago I was ready to move out of here. And now, now I've just been reminded that there is no way I'd want to spend a day of my life without him. 

Shit.

. . .

A/N: well..... hello there. 

So sorry this took so long and wasn't even that good. I had lost some inspiration for this story but I think I'm back on track. Hopefully. 

I've been writing a Nikki Sixx fanfic and that has literally taken up ALLLL of my attention. Oops. 

But anyway, thank you for being patient and please let me know what ya think! 

Rage & Love ~