Chapter 1 - Nerves

"I can do this" "It will all be fine"

I chant in my head, hoping it will over power the nerves, it doesn't.

Hi by the way, I'm Bella, Bella Goth, I'm 15 and about to perform with my local dance school in front of hundreds of people! I know it doesn't seem like a lot of but my anxiety levels are shooting through the roof, because I have a SOLO!! I know! who would have thought that me, Bella Goth would have a solo!!

I'm doing a very emotional dance, where a girl is

getting bullied and she is very self-conscious, and to show that she wears a mask to hide her face, and all the other dancers try and make her feel confident and persuade her reveal her face to everyone.

I am dancing to Little Me by Little Mix and then at the end when I'm about to reveal myself it changes to Hopeful by Bars And Melody, which are my favourite duo! and I love them so much my words can't explain!! I've always wanted to meet them, but I doubt I ever will, even if I do they will never like me because I'm not that typical perfect girl that all guys fall for.......

"Bella! your on! blow them away"

The back stage manager whispered to me, disturbing my thoughts, I pull down my mask, take a deep breath and walk on to the dark stage.....

The curtains slowly opened.

Bright lights.

I'm standing there.

still.

An empty dance floor waiting.

It's my time to shine.